Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 347614 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #1110 on: November 28, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Guess they wanted you in your lawn chair sleepin as usual  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1111 on: November 30, 2015, 06:09:46 AM »
 :( :( :( Mighty quiet on the weather channel  :( :( :( One of two things has happened 1. The "Goose" is asleep in the lazy boy and is going to miss the opening bell  :o or 2. The "Goose" is sound asleep next to his Squirrel trail eagerly anticipating first light  :o..............tune in next time  ::) for the pix's of SUCCESS  ;D or the woeful tale of defeat  :P.................. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1112 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:39 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( Defeat  :P :P :P :P Snow, sleet and rain  :o :o :o :o saw it all today but no deer  ??? ??? ??? ??? saw turkeys...and that one is still missing....?? He must be the one drinking my vino??  ::) ::) ::) ::) Got the fire going and trying to thaw... :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1113 on: December 01, 2015, 06:06:28 AM »
 :( :( :( ME2 here  :( :( :( after screwing around till 10 AM  I finally couldn't take it and went out  ;D A nice little patch of briars that I used to set the CEO in  ::) nice and flat, close to a farmers lane.  ;D Around 1 I realized I didn't have any snacks or food, and starting to rain. So I thought I would go in get my rain coat,food and tend the fire.  :) Put the rifle against the tree and rolled over so I could launch myself up  :-[ :-[ There directly behind me was a doe watching this Chinese fire drill  :-[ :-[ and off to her right were 3 other doe and a nice buck  :o one I would have shot if I wasn't caught with my pants down  :( :(  The curse of getting old  :P :( :P :( Went home - Came back, sat out the rest of the day till half past dusk praying to Saint Hubertus ??? (Patron Saint of Hunters) ::) ::) and having nothing but the "Goose" curse of squirrels running around laughing at me.  :P :P   Well "Mission Impossible" is about to be launched  ;) for the rest of the season  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(...................next thing you know a coyote will sneak up on me and bite me on the A$$..... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P.................... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1114 on: December 01, 2015, 07:13:28 AM »
 :( :( :( :( Yes the woes of getting olde  >:( >:( >:( >:( It ain't no fun  :P :P :P :P but at least you can get a laugh out of it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D rain in C-burg today and they say all day  :( :( :( :( :( back to the woods tomorrow as there is a break in it.. :P :P :P :P :P It will be mud and mo mud!! :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1115 on: December 02, 2015, 05:25:20 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D  Wonderful day in the forest of Pa. yesterday  ;D ;D ;D I finally almost got my wish, rain and fog it just needed to be about 10 degrees colder  :P :P I would have been frozen to a stump  :( 100yrs from now they would have found my rifle  ::) and proclaimed I was probably KILLED by a Grizz..... :( :( :(............ 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1116 on: December 02, 2015, 07:58:50 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) This stuff is gonna break a little before noon so git out there again...something maybe moving  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1117 on: December 03, 2015, 05:21:09 AM »
 :( :( :( I don't know what state you live in  ??? except the state of mental confusion  ::)......It rained in my woods almost all day  :P and rather hard around 4:40 prompting me to "Give it up"  :P................... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1118 on: December 03, 2015, 05:53:17 AM »
 :( :( :( :( Yea I got wet too  :P :P :P :P Windy this mornin and they say it's gonna get a little worse  ??? ??? ??? ??? guess the gun and I will be walkin and lookin today :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1119 on: December 04, 2015, 07:13:34 AM »
  Gave up a precious day of deer hunting to take the CEO and a cousin to Conowingo to photo the Eagles....blustery but the birds were there ...including this beauty.....

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1120 on: December 04, 2015, 08:01:09 AM »
That is obviously a screen shot off your television :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  We all know your not allowed to leave the home unless your wife signs the book >:( >:( >:( and she was out eating breakfast in Chambersburg with PA Pigeonhntr's wife.

And so I am not accused of hi-jacking a thread, it was too cold for you to look at sparrows. ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1121 on: December 04, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Looks like the young'n felt froggy and tried to leap... ??? ??? ??? ??? only to fall short of the mark again  :P :P :P :P :P :P "I wanna be like those guys" someday son, someday!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1122 on: December 05, 2015, 05:39:39 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D As soon as the CEO.... :) who took the picture gets up  ::)  I will be sure to point this out to her  ;D Lucky for you  ;) she got rid of her .270 rabbit rifle or she would be stretching your hide later in the day  >:( I was hunkered down in my cousins van  ;D ;D ;D occasionally venturing out to make sure those 2 hadn't been blown into the river  :P :P :P I talked to a couple of MD. early ice fisherman  :P :P they were all complaining about not being able to walk out very far  ??? because of the soft water  :o :o...........weren't catching anything either  :P :P :P.............. 8) ..................Goose as soon as "Froggy" learns a little respect for his elders  ::) he will be taking his 1st big boy step  ::) don't expect it anytime soon  >:( >:( >:(..........

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1123 on: December 05, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »
 :( :( :( 29° at my house this morn and 24° on the farm  :( :( :( :( :(
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member