Author Topic: Calling in lots of coyotes this year  (Read 3155 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Calling in lots of coyotes this year
« on: November 02, 2010, 10:24:01 AM »
Been out three times and called in at least 4 coyotes. Heard a lot more. Have not scored on one yet. Seems like there hanging up at 100 to 150 yards. Might be busting us. Had a red fox come in at 20 yards last night. Used the Tweety call most times.  Called in my first fox with the backstabber call. Going out again tonight.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:30:15 AM by foxpro51 »

uncle buck

Re: Calling in lots of coyotes this year
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 11:52:10 AM »
Yes! that awesome!!!!!... Makes me want to become a total coyote hunter.... Um bigger targets for these aging 62 year old night time eyes!!!!!!LOL LOL
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 11:53:20 AM by uncle buck »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »
can we hunt elephants in pa  ;D

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:31:48 PM »
I hope we never have an Elephant hunt here. They're pretty big and tough to drag out of the woods. Not to mention a full body mount comes with a price tag of $100,000,00. That's That's a little too much to pay on Disability. :P
President PPHA

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 01:08:42 AM »
can we hunt elephants in pa  ;D
Elephants? That's better yet.. Bigger Targets!!!!!However those elephant decoys are killers setting up in the fields.

Muttbuster....The tusk do bring in quite a few $$$$$$$$$$
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:19:27 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Bees OBrien

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 01:32:08 AM »
thats it ill have to start making elephant calls! ???

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
Bees....will that call come with wheels??? might be heavy.. ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 12:42:17 PM »
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 02:01:16 PM »
I went out last night with my brother Paul. Since I have a disability permit allowing me to hunt from my truck, I figured I would give it a try. Our first set, we were very quiet climbing into the bed of the truck. We got set up and I started with a single challenge howl and waited for a couple minutes before I turned on a light. I turned on my kill light I had in my hand and about 75 yards out stood 2 coyotes. I could identify them with my kill light. When I went to move my gun on my shooting sticks, I bumped the inner wheel well with my sticks and the coyotes ran into the woods and began to give me h**l. That set ended quick. Third set, I started with my griz-n-gray. Under two minutes I had four grays at about 80 yards but they were right in line with a house in the background so I just played with them for a few minutes. At first I thought I was seeing reflectors from a farm fence until they moved. I've never seen four of anything come in from one call so quickly. If you live in gray fox country and don't have a griz-n-grey, get one from bootmud at Kettle Kreek Kalls. It's a great call!
President PPHA

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
  • I am NOT the Whitefeather on HuntingPA.com!!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 02:28:43 PM »
I went out last night with my brother Paul. Since I have a disability permit allowing me to hunt from my truck, I figured I would give it a try. Our first set, we were very quiet climbing into the bed of the truck. We got set up and I started with a single challenge howl and waited for a couple minutes before I turned on a light. I turned on my kill light I had in my hand and about 75 yards out stood 2 coyotes.

Had you shined a light into the field before you were ready?  Curious if those two coyotes were already there. 

If I understand correctly this is when challenge howls would work.  Pups are grown and traveling in pairs.  Last week I was up in Laceyville (Wyoming County on edge of Bradford) and was outside drinkin whisky with a friend and heard a challenge call on the other side of the mountain.  I think I got wood!! :o
Chris Deckard  District 2

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 03:14:43 PM »
That's funny Whitefeather. I was ready but I needed to get my gun light on them and I needed to move my gun about 30 degrees to my left. I was sitting in the wrong direction. It;s happened before and I'm sure it will happen again. But I'll keep trying.
President PPHA