Author Topic: Great start for the year!  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Cskypup

• Junior Forum Member
  • Self-professed predator junkie full time Sheepdog!
Great start for the year!
« on: October 30, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »
So here is how the year is starting for me.....Yesterday at the in-laws for dinner and pumpkin carving decided to take my .22 for a walk out back to check on the chickens.  Pond out back in the farmers field usually produces a coon for skunk.  Lip squeaked for ten seconds and two reds came in full tilt....shot the closest one 65yds with the .22.  As soon as I i hit her she yelped and screamed for a few seconds and went down and two more came in but no shots at em.  This evening went out for two quick sets with by brother-in-law to show him some of the basics...first set called in a gray that hung up then bolted cause a yote showed up and din't offer a shot.  Second set behind gradpa's house and two yotes came in to puppy distress but hung up in the thicket.  While waiting and watching those two a third snuck in and the TC Contender .223 barked!!  Big male down....hope this year continues like this!!!  My brother-in-law now has the fever heehaw!!!  Happy hunting all and keep your powder dry!
Savage 340 in .222 Rem
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x
XLR 250 kill light
Chinese  knockoff lights that are the best ever
Mrod in .25cal my secret weapon out in other states anywat

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Great start for the year!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:57:03 PM »
Hope the action stays hot, good luck the rest of the season!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
Re: Great start for the year!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »
Congratulations on getting in on the action. Hope the rest of the season is as good as this week....ED