Author Topic: alpha dog vs spitfire  (Read 5799 times)

Offline jerad188

• Junior Forum Member
  • South eastern District 5
alpha dog vs spitfire
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:03 AM »
Well my spitfire died and I got grumpy and went and at 845pm went and got the primo's alpha dog. I think I gonna like it much better. Comes with 75 sounds, has 1-100 volume settings instead of 5, remote has big buttons and nice screen like an older cell phone. The only big upset was I liked the grey and red fox distress sounds on the foxpro. The p.a.d. doesn't have a red fox distress at all. Hopefully it brings me success!
Addicted to fur for sure

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
Re: alpha dog vs spitfire
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:18:11 AM »
Good luck with it and let us know....ED

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »
Well my spitfire died and I got grumpy and went and at 845pm went and got the primo's alpha dog. I think I gonna like it much better. Comes with 75 sounds, has 1-100 volume settings instead of 5, remote has big buttons and nice screen like an older cell phone. The only big upset was I liked the grey and red fox distress sounds on the foxpro. The p.a.d. doesn't have a red fox distress at all. Hopefully it brings me success!

Im willing to bet foxpro would have warreantied it cheap if not free. Hope you didn't toss it
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline jerad188

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
Well. To make a long story short, Over a year ago I accidently ran it over a little bit... And since the case of the call was all broke o figured they would say "hmm maybe its not working because u smashed it!" But it did still work. Oh well
Addicted to fur for sure

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »
Id give em a call just saying. Foxpro is number one in the bussiness for several reasons. One is their customer service.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 06:14:27 PM »
I wouldnt have bought anything  but a foxpro. But good luck

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »
It would not have been cheap. Foxpros prices have shot up alot. I had a small crack in my FX5 shell that happened on an extremely cold night and it appears to have cracked from the inside out since the little piece of plastic was pushed out and not it. They wanted $80 to fix it. I said no thanks, The call already costed my over $700. So I just put some fletch tite and caulk on it.
FayetteNam

Offline jerad188

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 04:36:59 PM »
I did call and the man who answered the phone said to send it into them, and to get on the site for the info of how to do it. He personally wasn't much help at all. While any time I've called primos they sent me different parts a couple of times free of charge, no hassle, no questions asked.
Addicted to fur for sure

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 08:44:12 PM »
Jared,  When I read your 9/19 posts and the advise that you got and this new post, something doesn't ring true.  The spitfire didn't just break, it was broke over a month ago.  My 532 broke in Maine in Feb. '12.  I fixed it myself with new batteries.  Santa is bringing at least a Fury2.  Primus is good but it isn't and never will be a Foxpro.  And if they wanted it to be, with their operation it would cost a lot more.  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 08:59:22 PM »
Santa is bringing at least a Fury2.
Lucky Dog! :'(
FayetteNam

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:33 PM »
P77,  I guess it is for being such a good husband.  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 06:34:01 AM »
the main problem with the alpha dog and i don't know if they fixed this or not, when dowload new sounds like grey fox pup, i could get them to download but couldn't name them which would be a pain to remember all the numbers.  i did like the sounds and and if you read Randy's explaination of the call sequences you can learn some things. 

Offline jerad188

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
It had been acting up for a few months. Sometimes it would play a call, other times it wouldnt. Normally when I needed it most it didn't make noise. I tinkered with it with no success but anyways. I have the p.a.d and will give it a shot . I've only ever heard two complaints about it and they aren't nothing major so Saturday night, opening day, ill put it to the test
Addicted to fur for sure

Offline jerad188

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
Well folks... Took the p.a.d. our for the fox opening night. And I hate it. Speakers are loud yes but sound terrible. No good fox distress. Rabbits sound bad. Static and echo was bad! So I'm takin it back grices now and getting wildfire. Should have never strayed away. SORRY!
Addicted to fur for sure

Offline CoyoteLight

• www.CoyoteLight.com
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »
     Foxpro has great customer support.  My housing and battery holder was all cracked up after the call fell off my truck onto he pavement.  I epoxyed the housing back together to use last season.  Foxpro refurbished my Firestorm 2 weeks ago, and didn't ask how it broke.
     One of my hunting friends went cheap and got an alpha dog last year, but we never used it. 
CoyoteLight Inc.
"Made by predator hunters for predator hunters"

Made in PA!