Author Topic: Coyote call'n  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Coyote call'n
« on: September 17, 2010, 05:45:17 AM »
Even a Cave Man can do it...
Been out the past few weekends calling Coyote in the early/mid mornings. Don't ya love the cooler mornings this time of year?
Killed a few in standing corn fields with lots of Coyote sign on tractor path.
Just using EW distress call. Nothing fancy. It's fun when you are on top of 'em.

Lots of stuff happening in the woods and fields this time of year. Bumped into guys hang'n tree stands, scoutig, posting property & cut'n firewood. Lots going on 'out there'.
With upcoming harvest time of crops, archery/small game/Turkey season approaching, be aware of fur movement in your area. By that, as crops are taken off or (other) outdoorsman hit the woods, predators change or move home range. Change with the seasons and predators do.
My best to everyone this season.
Hern

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Coyote call'n
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:19:30 AM »
yeah this cool weather got me thinking about getting out and doing a few early season stands. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:38:16 AM »
Yeah me too.  Thanks for the info Hern.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 08:13:46 AM »
I was only out one time for coyotes, called one in to my buddy who couldn't get a shot.  thinking about going out tonight for a set or two.  i have been running the pup a lot and have noticed a lot of grey sign this year. 

Renny

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 02:18:01 PM »
Absolute best time of year by far......

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:01:08 PM »
I have been out twice so far made 6 stands total...Called in one red fox and what appeared to be coyote eyes come in 300 yards  upwind of me and at my back on the horizon...Houses where behind the eyes anyway so I could not shoot.....Plus was hoping it would make it arc but it never did..Had the shotgun instead of the rifle too.. Probably saw the back side of me when I was shinning the light on the down wind side..Smart Rascals.....Had an outstanding time!!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:05:43 PM by uncle buck »