Author Topic: predator calling during the week of the Deer rut  (Read 1671 times)

uncle buck

predator calling during the week of the Deer rut
« on: February 25, 2015, 12:49:16 AM »
going to be  29 years I have been calling this year... I just wanted to pass on something I have noticed over those years... During the rut the deer are so aggressive then that even the doe will come running in to your call... if you don't have adequate light you just might think it's a coyote coming to your call..  I notice that this year when using the Carnivore  2 how the doe come running in when doing the dying rabbit or even the pup sounds... over the years I have had buck near wrap their legs around .. I actually thought I was a goner twice.. Seems like the dying rabbit is the sound that drives them nuts and they semi charge you at night... I know the season over but next year try to remember how deer act during the full rut period.. Actually you probably could call in a nice buck in the daytime doing the dying rabbit on a mouth call.. As you know you can't use electronics for deer but you could use a predator call.. Actually something how whacko both doe and buck get when they hear that dying rabbit sound..Best have a good light..That's for sure so you can see well in advance that the thing running at you is not a coyote.. it's could be a small doe.. Age has no bearing either.. I have seen yearling come running in fast... Be careful out there next year during the rut...