Author Topic: loud snow  (Read 5213 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: loud snow
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 08:13:58 AM »
 ;D Snowshoes?  ;D ;D Stay out of the tangles or you will look like a Walrus with his flippers aimed at the moon.. :P :P :P I recently saw a 30 something young lady from Philadelphia negotiating about with a pair of plastic snowshoes. Not sure where she got them, looked a little like a bear paw type and she was going full tilt no problems...1. I concur with UB, if you can, set up closer to the road. 2. If you want to go farther,go in the day before or early same day and break a trail...come back use it later....3. IF YOU JUST HAVE TO GO TO A SPOT BECAUSE IT'S CALLING YOUR NAME......and this is really going to fly in some circles  :o :o Wear white,Go directly to where you want to go  ??? just do it..crunch,crunch,crunch...if you are not seen or scented...they have no idea what &%$#@#$^ went through,deer,bigfoot, they live every day with crunches and loud noises...even if your seen....remain quiet and motionless for, and this is the hard part, 45 minutes....they will forget you, you did not pose a threat to them..  ;D they are not sitting around fretting about what went crunching through.. ::) They  hopefully,no longer hear,see,or smell you::)..............the same applies for misses, if you cleanly miss like I did with my 1st coyote..I got so excited (it happens)  :( I shot right over him...but he had no clue..just disappeared....maybe he thought he heard Thunder  ::) anyway I calmed down ...waited 30 minutes and shot him....he wasn't sitting around thinking about the loud noise he heard 1/2 an hour ago........ I have pulled the plug out of the dike,put on my life jacket and am about to get in the raft... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) remember JMO .... 8)

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »
I cant call close to the road because of houses, I need to walk in to get out of the safety zone.
I tried calling from the other end of the farm......no luck.....just a raccoon.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 10:53:53 AM »
http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/articles/5326-use-coyote-fight-sounds#sthash.B7zd9ILQ    I was on line browsing about and came across this article. Next to last paragraph in particular..... 8)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »
when the snows crunchy, use anything you can to help get around the noise... Jasper had suggested going in early to tramp a path in, excellent suggestion, walk tractor paths where the farmers been out spreading manure or hauling feed or hay... if the farmers kids have been riding 4 wheelers/snowmobiles walk those paths... if nothing else ask him if you can shoot from his safety zone, not the house but from the back side of the barn or a tractor shed...

that's another reason I like the 22 K Hornet for fur, the mild report, doesn't upset the women folks and the laying hens...   8)   most of the time anyone inside the house never hears the rifle going off...  I haven't tried the mouse gun yet {17 Hornet} out in the open to see what that sounds like but I can't see where that will be to much louder and if you reload and reduce the loads, it'll be even quieter... my fur loads for the 22 K Hornet are probably only running around 2200fps as I have them loaded way down, have never chronographed them so this is only a guess...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...