Author Topic: Crunchy Crunchy Snow  (Read 2034 times)

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Crunchy Crunchy Snow
« on: January 15, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »
With all the rain last weekend here in pennsylvania and the single digit and teens for overnight lows has made the snow impossible to get anywhere to call. The quarry can hear ya coming the second you step out of the truck. I've been staying home till the snow losens up a bit. Is anyone dealing with the snow and how? besides learning to fly!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:24:25 PM by HDRoadking3058 »
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

uncle buck

Re: Crunchy Crunchy Snow
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »
The Call is tool!  Don't go after them call them to you... Just park in a area and get  25 yards off the road with the wind in your face.. Your missing some of the best hunting but you got to let the call, the tool, do the walking and the talking for you.  Start of with about 5 min of vigerous bulb squeaking first before you do your open reed calling.. I said open reed since they don't freeze like a closed reed with a medal voice channel...

Offline Kyle5865

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 08:00:36 PM »
Of what i understand hard snow=success. Many people told me fox love hard snow because they can walk on top and wont be heard. Not sure about coyotes.

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »
HD  I feel your pain. I'm north of you and I too have the crunchy crunchy snow. Hopefully tomorrows "forcasted" 40 degree weather rids us of the crunchy blues.  I do like UB'S advice. (Thanks UB ;)) unfortunately, that tactic still puts some of my spots out of reach. They're too far from main roads/parking areas for that.  >:(
District 5 coordinator