Author Topic: Quiet???  (Read 4268 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Quiet???
« on: April 08, 2014, 06:16:20 PM »
 :-X :-X :-X :-X Sure has gottin quiet since the sun came out  ??? ??? ??? I'm thinkin some may be Ground Grizz huntin  :-\ :-\ :-\ or they are puttin up the hammock to get ready for warm weather  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: Quiet???
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:44:42 PM »
You know what takes longer than watching water boil?

Waiting for the ice to melt on the lakes.

I'm breaking out the bimini covers.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:19 AM »
 ;) ;) Everything is open here in the southern tier  :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
I was just up 322 this past weekend and was surprised to see ice on the reservoir heading up seven mountains.  I am hoping to do a lot of fishing this year for different species.  I haven't even been ground grizz hunting yet.  I sat over one field on a warm day early march this year and watched but that was it.  I noticed everything is greening up quick. 

Its funny I was laying in bed last night around 9:15 and I get a call from mom.  I picked up the phone and she told me a bear just tore the bird feeders down in the front yard.  I said a bear?  she said yeah a big one.  We live a couple miles from the mountain and to see a bear down in the county is surprising.  maybe I am going to have to hunt bear closer to home this year.  dad said he seen it to so it wasn't some tall tale.  Said it was a big one too.  I aint to leary walking around the property at night but now its going to make me want to take a flashlight.  Im not a skeered of smokey but don't want to walk up on him in the dark either.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:20:01 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Now that would be a wrestling match  :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:13:34 PM »
Yea it would be interesting.  my buddy 45acp tho would prob back me up pretty decent.  I know with the warm weather this afternoon it has me looking out the shop window wanting to go home early.   8)
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 06:38:16 AM »
29 degrees this morning here Ben. We had a heavy frost yesterday morning. But the worst is over.
Ben you been to our house. Every spring/summer we have a Bear work over our bird feeders. I think its a young one looking for it's own territory because the sure don't. Last year one hit the trash can...what a mess. Last year a Bear huge around awhile, the corn field behind us had crop circles, by that the Bear would pull up stalks and pile in center, then sit and eat corn. The circles are about 10'-15' across.
Ben, you don't want to walk into one with Cubs...

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 06:59:13 AM »
Walking into them with cubs isnt the problem. Its walkin between them and mom. A few years ago in snake season we were driving down a road in upstate pa and seen a bear running. Naturally we stopped to watch but once she got about 100ft away she stopped and looked back and sat watching. Then i seen the cub half way between us and her. We watched and took some pics from inside the truck but she wouldnt leave. It was then i heard bark scratching in the tree next to the truck. Two cubs where in a tree right beside the truck. She left the cubs in the tree. Surprised me. We went down the road a couple hundred feet and came back and the cubs where already down the tree and runnin in the direction of mom.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) Good experience.... 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
sweet!!!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 06:50:15 AM »
Ben says-
Walking into them with cubs isnt the problem. Its walkin between them and mom.
I know that first hand. Years ago in Tioga County while Groundhog hunting. I'll tell you about it sometime. Been there.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 06:53:18 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D BB sounds like Hern has round one done!!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? You'll hafta take round two  :-[ :-[ :-[
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member