Author Topic: White light tips  (Read 5264 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: White light tips
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »
I dont doubt you might have seen green from a deer. Canine species have different cones in their eyes that will reflect only what is shining into their eyes. If you see red and you are using a truely white light you will see white back. I have no need to argue with you because you guys are the ones that feel ya need 200 dollars worth of lights to be successful. Do as you may. I been using white for a few years now and have not had any issues my shooter (bulldog) has seen no issue as well. Have fun fellas im done.

Enjoy this video of a bow kill coyote that is called using white light.

http://youtu.be/rZm_yfKNiqA
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 08:02:13 PM »
I'm not argueing with you I just stated what I observer and you told me no I didn't, that's what happened!  IMO what ever light works for you is great, keep using it and keep laying the fur down!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »
I Was With Ben When He Called The Double Coyote . Use Whatever Color You Want An Have Fun. That Is The Most Important thing
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:46:27 PM by Bulldog »

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 09:29:04 PM »
hey guys, This season I am going to try out using white lights after having a hard time picking fox out in my scope last season. I know some of you guys use white lights so I am asking for some tips. What kind of light your using( i.e LED, halogen, handheld, belt)? Are you guys using a dimmer switch? How bright do you keep the light when scanning?

I think led would last longer
I'd suggest that everyone you're hunting with use white as well, so one hunter won't wash out the others light.
Also, if you can see into the brush and see the brush with white, you're good.
I have trouble with white in tight brushy areas

Offline Big daddy

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 06:41:17 PM »
I've been hunting for a few years now and exclusively with white light and have had no problem seeing animals. When you spot a deer with white light it stands and looks at you. I use a white head lamp to scan and a kill light for the shot. I've seen no differance between spotting deer and predator and will continue to use the white light with hopeful success this year

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »
Did anyone see foxpro furtakers last week?  Just watched mike skeet and jeff lay some fur down using 2 million candlepower lightforces.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”