Author Topic: FOXPRO WildFire??  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
FOXPRO WildFire??
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »
I'm in the market for a caller....I've read some reviews and have read that they don't perform too well in the cold...weather,what 's your thoughts on this caller,if i may ask?I'm a rookie and would like to buy one....Pred53
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: FOXPRO WildFire??
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:56:39 PM »
     I have a FoxPro Widfire that I purchased this year at Gander Mountain for around $200.  It holds a lot of sounds and is programmable in case you want to download more sounds on to it.  I'm NOT computer savy, but I called FoxPro and they walked me through things over the phone and had extreme patients with me in downloading sounds onto my Wildfire.  Their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

I have used my FoxPro Wilfire in temps of the low teens and single digits.  I got cold and gave up before the call did.  I really love the call.  Its very light weight and portable.  However....I wish I would have spent the extra money and got the next step up that comes with the larger remote control.  The one that comes with the Wildfire ids very difficult fro me to focus in on at night.  Plus it holds only 2 "Favorite" sounds, where the next step up holds 4.

I converted an old turkey vest into a Predator Hunting Vest.  The FoxPro Wildfire fits in my pockets just fine, as well as does the remote.  In Summary:  PROS:  Light weight, Portable, Great Sounds, Easy to carry.  CONS:  The remote control is difficult to read for me at night and only has 2 "Favorites".

I hope this helps!!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »
I really like mine but I would like to up grade

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:11:43 AM »
I bought the new Shockwave this year. If you can afford the extra money I say go for it. The Shockwave is without a doubt an awesome piece of equipment. I can't see anyone wanting anything more out of a caller
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association