Author Topic: Can't wait  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
Can't wait
« on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
Am I the only one ready to start hunting again? Fall is the best time of the year for two reasons football an predator hunting. There is no better rush then calling an shooting fox,coon and coyote. Man I'm ready to get going again!

Offline TFC2223

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.redeyesops.com
Re: Can't wait
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »
+1 to that!!!!!!!!
Kirk McKendree

RED EYES OPS

Offline Whiteknuckle

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 02:23:11 PM »
Agreed, I cant wait for cool nights and red lights..

J.Weber

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »
Yessir! I dont know what the experience feels like YET but i sure as hell cant wait!
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline 22hornet

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:27:17 PM »
Roger that Bulldog.

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:21:48 AM »
Am I the only one ready to start hunting again? Fall is the best time of the year for two reasons football an predator hunting. There is no better rush then calling an shooting fox,coon and coyote. Man I'm ready to get going again!
Ick.... football..... lol Now if we're talkin hockey.... I'm in the same boat with you lol

Agreed, I cant wait for cool nights and red lights..

J.Weber

I'm feelin that Jeremiah, good talkin to you today buddy, keep in touch.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
i wanna get out groundhog hunting asap but the people that said they would take me out is procrastinatiing or not messaging me back...anyone in d4 itching to pull the trigger on some varmints???
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »
I'm with you guys on the anticipation for this upcoming season. I quit early last season and didn't even go out after the beginning of the second week of deer season. Got a longbeard this spring and now I'm looking forward to getting after mammals.  Bought new arrows, been shooting my bow, bought a new rifle. I will be looking for new places to hunt this year as well as reacquainting myself with past landowners and making sure everything is still good.
P.S. finally broke the curse of my son and I hunting GHogs together. One down with the new set up.
FayetteNam

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 11:40:06 PM »
Bulldog I'm sooo ready for the season to begin! I picked up 4 new farms to hunt towards the end of this past season so I'm looking forward to hunting some new property this season.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 08:10:21 AM »
Now is the time to plan the season, get permission, check out locatios, do some shooting.
Get more permission then you can cover. By that, you shouldn't run out of territory. Or if one area becomes dead, or folks move in, you will have other areas to work. Be ready for the unexpected. Having alot of territory solves alot of in-season problems.
Plan for the early season, mid-season and late season. Use your head when problems arise. Think things out, you are the top predator. Make adjustments to put fur in the shed.

Am getting older and I can wait. But it's tough....
80% of your success in fur season is from pre-season work

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »
I have to get a few more places lined up for trapping and hunting. Bought a bunch of Montana Specials #3's and some Minnesota 550's. Now all I need is a place to set them and trapping season to get here. I am happy to have all my traps ready. Might mix up some batches of bait and lure but don't need to.  Took my scope off my 204 and replaced it with a Nikon Monarch 5-20. Have to get a Jewel or timney trigger for my 17 fireball and my 223 wssm. Get these three guns sighted in... Then I should be ready to go out there and call in some varmints.