Author Topic: New to vamint hunting, wanting to try sgl 294 in mercer  (Read 1692 times)

Offline seanthefreak

• PPHA Members
New to vamint hunting, wanting to try sgl 294 in mercer
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:19:19 PM »
Hi, i have never gone coyote or varmint hunting.  I have wanted to do it for a while, bought some calls and am thinking about trying it in february.  I have a camp in mercer and sgl 294 is 6 miles down the road.  Does anyone know if this area is good to try, and if they have a certain spot to try. Anything would be helpful.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: New to vamint hunting, wanting to try sgl 294 in mercer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »
I hear there is a lot of coyotes in mercer, never hunted there, but I hear theyre ran with hounds alot.
Find the sign and go after them! Good luck!

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
Where is 294?  Leglifter is right about the hound hunters.  I know two crews that both run mercer.

Offline seanthefreak

• PPHA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »
It is about 6 miles from the courthouse in downtown mercer.  I have a camp 7 miles from there and i dont know the area for hunting too much up there.  i know there is alot of farm lands and stuff but i only get up there like 4 or 5 times a year, so i was just gonna go with some calls and a gun and sit somewhere on the gamelands and call, walk a little and call again.  See if anything happens.  I was just wondering if anyone ever tried this gamelands before and what techniques they use. 

Offline seanthefreak

• PPHA Members
Re: New to predator hunting, wanting to try sgl 294 in mercer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
i dont know why i started this thread with varmint, i meant predator hunting.  I must have been confused, lol