Author Topic: barrel for encore or buy the venture?  (Read 2383 times)

Offline prdtrkilr223

• Junior Forum Member
  • There aint no such thing as too dead...
barrel for encore or buy the venture?
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »
I live in perry county and hunt a lot of farms at nite for fox and coyote. I am very picky about the shots I take . I recently sold my 700 sps because I did not like how heavy it was with the bull barrel. I have yet to need more than one shot at a time so far with anything I called in. I have an encore with a 50x209 barrel and can't make up my mind if I want to get a .223 barrel for it and a foxpro or spend the extra money on the venture predator package. I have used all mouth calls since I started predator hunting 3 years ago. Any thoughts?

uncle buck

Re: barrel for encore or buy the venture?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:54:13 PM »
A 24 inch 223 Encore blued barrel will cost you about $248.00 or cheaper...I do like the shorter Encore barrels The 24 instead of the 26's and the 28's.  OK....Spit Fire $199.00... So that would be $447.00.. If your a PPHA member you would get 10% off the Spit Fire if you go through Foxpro...Now the Spitfire cost you $179.00 and you get to pick your sounds too...

The T/C Encore Package with the Spit Fire you also get the scope and mounts too.. Total would be $599.00 So if you go the package route you pay $152.00 (171.99 more if your a PPHA member and get 10% off of the Spitfire)  but you do get a complete camo gun, T/C 3 X 9 40 MM camo scope, camo rings, etc. You won't be able to pick your your sounds they will already be programed on the Spit Fire.. But the sounds are good.....

Now you will be taxed on both purchases too..06%. Also if you don't go to Lewistown to pick up the Spitfire you have to pay shipping too...  However if your from Perry it's really not that far to travel and just pick one up if they will do that for you...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:02:53 PM by uncle buck »

Offline prdtrkilr223

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 12:25:03 AM »
Uncle buck_I had ordered the venture predator package from blumes gun shop in newville about a month ago and now he says he can't get them.the package was the camo venture in .223 with scope/rings and the spitfire for 600.00 total. I saw cabelas had the same thing about a week ago and sold out of them the first morning as a friend of mine and I were both going to buy one up there. Is there anywhere that has that package around my area that you know of?

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:02:08 AM »
grice in clearfield had them 2 wkends ago when i was out there, # 814 765 9273 its worth the trip, they stock alot of stuff
district #1

Offline prdtrkilr223

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:15:29 AM »
Anywhere closer than clearfield? I work a full time and part time job and don't have the time to drive all the way out there

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:08:44 AM »
I think if you want it right now Grice is going to be your best bet...They might even be open on a Sunday??????If you call they would probably hold you one... I can't believe that Cabelas did not have more on order??????They will hold it for you too...