Author Topic: Hunting alone  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Song Dog

Hunting alone
« on: March 06, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »
Just wandering wat would be the best way to set up by myself...... Gonna do alittle yote hunting...... Thanks

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Hunting alone
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »
Day or night?

Offline Song Dog

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
Daytime

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 07:10:30 AM »
hand calling or remote e-caller?

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 07:52:51 AM »
I almost always hunt by myself. If I am using my fox pro, I keep the call around 50-100 yards upwind of me. If I am using a howler, I set up so I can see any responding coyote before it gets downwind of me. Things happen though, the coyotes often get the upper hand. It's a little like hunting spring gobblers. They do what you least expect them to and sometimes thats coming on a dead run right in the open. Some coyotes are just downright suicidal. LOL The best way to learn, is read all the info you can, and get out there and get hours and hours of experience. Nothing beats experience. Play the wind. Thats the most important thing. Sometimes it means passing by an area where you know the coyotes are at because you can't get a good setup without spooking them.

Offline Song Dog

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »
E-caller.... It's gonna be in the woods to..... No fields arounds.....

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »
I'd set up like nightmare,
Try to set up down wind of the caller( I have a problem that I feel I may miss seeing something if I can't see the caller)
Try to find something in the terrain that they will use as a travel route ( swale, ravine,thick area) and set up where you can shoot there.
Don't let them wind you as you walk in.
Good luck