Author Topic: Perfect light for rimfires  (Read 3814 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Perfect light for rimfires
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:48:34 AM »
Has anyone used this light yet?

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:40:02 PM »
No but it sounds good.  $23.00 for a red led with a 200 lumen rating...If anything would be good for scanning for eyes or a shotgun light.. Just wish I could find this kind of a light in a store..I always just like to look at them now.. Over the years you buy a light and it turns out just not the perfect thing.. that's why I do like the 250 kill light..  It confirmed by many other hunters as one of the perfect predator lights... However you pay the price to but you are getting the entire kit for $139.00..  Lot of pro and con..  Let me say this... I have missed easy kills at our Eastern Coyotes because I was playing around with cheap lights.. One thing....Stay away from those cheap white and red led lights that have a strap that they sale by the cash registers at Home Depot or Lowes.  see... all the purchase of the cheap lights $9.99 her $19.99 here all start to add up after awhile.. I have about  um 4 of the white tactical lights that police use on their guns..Should have purchased a Kill Light? However in my defense...there were no Kill Lights available then...I'm going to start to use those white tactical lights however for fishing or in the car. LOL LOL

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »
thanks for the advice i know i should just spend the money for next season and do it right and get a kill light lol just haven't got myself to do it yet at 16 theres a lot of other expenses lol

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »
yep those shooting lights that turn out to be nothing but a light $$$$$starts to mount up over time..When you think about it.. this applies to all kind of outdoor gear too...  The $44.00 Lohman electronic caller... Now start buying all these cheap electronics predator calls..$30  here and $120 here before you know it.. Had you just invested in a good electronic you could have saved a lot of money.. Might be best to just get a Good Foxpro right from the start and you will end up saving money.   Now you could start selling all of that stuff too. But you never get your money back.

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 05:06:14 PM »
yep thats another idea i toss around so far my mouth calls have worked pretty good for fox so i figured theres no need to get an e call yet but it sure would be nice

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 11:52:57 AM »
What do you think the yardage would be on a light like this??

Ryan.
District 4

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »
Ryan about 150 yards

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 08:33:36 PM »
Foxpro51 would that be just seeing eyes or seeing bodies and eyes at 150? Your a pro at finding these lights man kudos.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »
My friend Brian is the pro I just post it. Body at 100 through a scope.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:36:10 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 11:00:13 PM »
My friend Brian is the pro I just post it. Body at 100 through a scope.

I'm really looking for one for my .17 HMR just not sure what to get, I dont hunt a lot of fields but when I do it would be nice to have it for sure. You think this light would be where its at for my application?

Ryan.
District 4

uncle buck

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »
yep that's another idea i toss around so far my mouth calls have worked pretty good for fox so i figured theres no need to get an e call yet but it sure would be nice

See there is a time to use the mouth calls and there is time to use the electronics...People who use only electronics or people who use only mouth calls are selling themselves short..  You just can't beat electronics with the gray fox pup for gray fox.. there might be a time you have a cut on your lip, cold sore, or not felling well but not sick enough not to go calling.. So electronics will make it easy for you when your a sick pup..

Also I have called in coyotes with electronics but was hunting myself.. However to have posted by the speaker... I never would have gotten a shot.. the remote caller enabled me to get shots at coyote when I was the lone hunter...When you use mouth calls they hone in on you.. when you use electronics they hone in on the speaker....

Some times I start off with electronics and go to mouth calls and that gets them and I end up with a predator...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:43:29 PM by uncle buck »