Author Topic: Any one hunting and having any luck in the hunt this weekend?  (Read 1571 times)

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
Any one hunting and having any luck in the hunt this weekend?
« on: February 11, 2011, 04:31:39 PM »
Just wondered if any of you are hunting in this weekends hunt? I started this morning at 12:01 and quit at 2:00 because the snow is just two loud for where I hunt. I stopped near my one setup where I had planned to call and heard several coyotes howling. It was about all I could do to keep going and wait for better conditions. I am going to do one setup yet before dark today and probably no more till daybreak tomorrow. It seemed that the sound of my footsteps went a quarter mile. Anyone know how to deal with this? I got permission from the one farmer for this weekend and saw a beautiful red fox while talking to him...but with this crusty snow I can't go there and call. Hope it stays around...

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Any one hunting and having any luck in the hunt this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 05:05:42 PM »
I'm not much of a coyote hunter, but this crunchy snow ain't bothering the foxes.
Did 4 sets last night and 3 were lively. 2 grays and a red. I'm just outta practice, and I need to be quicker on the trigger. They ran up close and quick every time.  Boy, was it Ccccccccccooooooooollllllllldddddd!!!