Author Topic: Hunting in civilization busted by people departing Super Bowl party  (Read 1451 times)

uncle buck

After the loss of Pittsburgh Steelers I decided to do some late night early morning calling..I called on this large acre farm.  Rifle is needed here so I was set up with my new acquired rifle rest,  17 fireball and the 250 Kill light.. Doing my rendition of the dying rabbit on a open reed call.. Here comes in a fox..It was about the 300 yard mark and closing.  I shut my scanning light off and turned the tripod an illuminated the fox with the kill light.. In it came closer and closer and close.. All of a sudden ( about 11:40 PM) 500 yards to the right of the farm people came out of apartments... They were yelling and screaming and getting in vehicles. The red...Just when I was going to give him a 25 grain Hornady HP from my steady tripod he turned and ran back away from the yelling people and of course me too. I could have taken a running shot at him too but that probably would have freaked all the yelling people out.   Super Bowl can even affect you fox hunting!!! 

Sometimes I wished I lived back in Wilkes-Barre!!!!!

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Hunting in civilization busted by people departing Super Bowl party
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
Sure would have me scowling! I have had people light me up with a spotlight while I was hunting like I was a 10 pt buck or something. Gotta hate when it happens but it does...at least you know there is one there...