Author Topic: New Bobcat Season  (Read 4499 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
New Bobcat Season
« on: February 28, 2010, 09:08:08 PM »
there has been some discussion here about the change in the bobcat season for next year.   some are for it and some are against it but that is not the reason for my post.  If the change goes through currently we cannot hunt bobcats on Sunday, does anyone know under the then proposal will we get to hunt them on Sundays.  With only a 3 week season is it something we should be pushing for? 

Offline lonewolf

Re: New Bobcat Season
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:12:51 PM »
I doubt they will allow sunday hunting unless they open everything up to sunday hunting . I hear there suppose to make a real push for sunday hunting this year, which they should.  We shall see

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 09:01:50 PM »
what are the changes to the bobcat season other than only 3 wks??
district #1

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 09:14:07 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but anyone that holds a fur takers tag can hunt Bobcats. Plus the season is 3 weeks shorter. Not nsure about the Sunday hunting.
President PPHA

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 10:06:20 PM »
After 10 bobcat seasons with a limited number of permits each year, the commissioners have given preliminary approval to shorten the lengthen of the overall bobcat season to three weeks (Dec. 18-Jan. 8 for hunting, and Dec. 18-Jan. 9 for trapping), but allow all licensed furtakers the opportunity to purchase one permit to harvest a bobcat in Wildlife Management Units 2A, 2C, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D, 4A, 4D and 4E.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
we're allowed to hunt all other furbearers on sundays...why wouldn't we be able to hunt bobcats on sundays? Was that the rule this past season even if you had a permit for a cat, that you couldn't shoot one on a sunday?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline PaCoyotenut

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 03:44:19 AM »
 Mutt, the season will be 14 weeks shorter, not 3. The season now currently runs for 17 weeks. Also, you will need to purchase a Bobcat permit to go along with your furtakers license.

*PaCoyotenut*

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 06:13:48 AM »
we're allowed to hunt all other furbearers on sundays...why wouldn't we be able to hunt bobcats on sundays? Was that the rule this past season even if you had a permit for a cat, that you couldn't shoot one on a sunday?

last year and years past you could not shoot bobcats or coon on sundays, sunday hunting you could shoot coyotes and fox though. 

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 07:47:32 AM »
I used to think NJ game regulations were the wackiest till I moved here.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »
so we can purchase our bobcat permit when we renew our furtaker license and everyone is eligible , unlimited permits??
district #1

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 06:51:38 PM »
that is the proposal.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 08:44:08 PM »
bottom line is the game commish can give two craps about the bobcat all they want is the revenue eventually making them like years past few and far between. Its a darn shame soon you will need a squirrel tag rabbit tag etc. when is the sportsman gonna stand up to these greedy little terds that think they own the wildlife and put prices on them. Loving the outdoors and being a sportsman the pgc really gets to me!

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 01:56:47 AM »
your right on that lonewolf i suspect it is coming too its a shame!!

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 10:09:26 PM »
bottom line is the game commish can give two craps about the bobcat all they want is the revenue eventually making them like years past few and far between. Its a darn shame soon you will need a squirrel tag rabbit tag etc. when is the sportsman gonna stand up to these greedy little terds that think they own the wildlife and put prices on them. Loving the outdoors and being a sportsman the pgc really gets to me!

I disagree with the statement that the game comm. does not care about the bobcats and why shouldn't they make money on the tags?  They need revenue just like any business that wants to stay in business and continue to operate.

The current seasons weren't ever meant to stay the same forever and I'm sure that any new season will have changes as well.  It's all a part of game management.