Author Topic: Misting sprays  (Read 2381 times)

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Misting sprays
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »
I have been playing with some misting sprays and have some questions.
 1.Has anyone else tried it and do you feel it works?
 2.What scents have you tried and what were the results?
 3.Is there a good spray bottle to use that does not leak slightly?
What I have observed so far is that it helps to cover your scent but the consentration is critical.Also don't let the bottle lay in the vehicle where small children can find it and use it as a squirt gun.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Misting sprays
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:17:15 AM »
I have been using one for over a year now.  yes they work.  100% not sure.  but i have had fox and coyote pass through my scent cone and i have gone undetected.  it is not so much what scent you use but rather what combination and how you use it.   i have some spray bottles that don't leak and aren't very good squirt guns because of the fine mist they spray. 

furblaster

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 08:06:41 AM »

I use them. I use 1 quart of meat fed coyote urine, mixed with 1 bottle coyote scent gland, and a blood particle mixture, which is private. I use the Wallyworld 1 dollar small spray bottles.

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 01:03:41 PM »
i use fox and coon mixed and couple drops skunk essence same stuff i use on my sets trapping.
targer sells little spray bottles. that i have had good luck with. only draw back is if a six year old steps on it urine comes out. which isnt a prob unless he doesnt tell you and you let your truck warm up with heater on.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »
I use a misting scent, I have two of my own blends that I use.  I don't think you can ever completely fool a coyotes nose.  Just another weapon for the arsenal.  I have a guy testing it out west and he has shot coyotes using.  I don't hunt for coyotes very often and have not shot one for a very long time now.  The secret to the bottle is you have to have a fine mist sprayer.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:28:20 PM »
Can you over saturate the area ?

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »
If you are using my spray yes.  you only want to do about 3 to 4 in the air and 3 on the ground or brush infront of you. 

Scott

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »
Normally what makes up a compound of a mans misting spray is kind of one of the most kept secrets in the predator calling fraternity.
Just say you use something that is outstanding to fool a coyotes nose...You pass the info on to someone or you post the ingredients on here. the compounds of the mist can be taken by someone who never even ventured into the woods...Marketed by a group of people and sold in stores for $$$$$$. kind of sad to do research and you stumble on something and then someone takes it and makes money on it.

I'm kind of posting something to just make people think what loose lips can do after someone spends hours and hours and hours of time in the field only to have it used by someone for monetary gains...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:30:32 PM by uncle buck »