Author Topic: Morning Hunt  (Read 2543 times)

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Morning Hunt
« on: January 09, 2010, 09:08:18 AM »
Well, I went out this morning to do some deer hunting or predator hunting.  I was hoping to tag a antlerless deer nd use the gut pile for bait later today.  Well, I didn't need to waste one bullet.  I came across a road kill a few hours old.  So, I loaded it in the back of the tuck and went to where I've been hunting all predator season.  I dragged the the deer to the other side of the pond and sat for a little while until the batteries died on the caller, dang it.  Any ways, I sat for about an hour or so.  As I started to head back to the truck .  I noticed that there was a lot of animal tracks in the snow that I didn't see on the way in.  I saw deer, fox, coon and coyote tracks all over the place.  Fro what I could tell of the coyote and deer tracks.  There must have been a chace on after a young deer.  With that said I know where I will be later today.  Forget the Beagles and Cowgirls game.  I'm after a different kind of game.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Morning Hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:22:13 AM »
Only a matter of time
Good luck ;)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »
Good luck and stay with it.............Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

worm4man

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »
Well, I went out this morning to do some deer hunting or predator hunting.  I was hoping to tag a antlerless deer nd use the gut pile for bait later today.  Well, I didn't need to waste one bullet.  I came across a road kill a few hours old.  So, I loaded it in the back of the tuck and went to where I've been hunting all predator season.  I dragged the the deer to the other side of the pond and sat for a little while until the batteries died on the caller, dang it.  Any ways, I sat for about an hour or so.  As I started to head back to the truck .  I noticed that there was a lot of animal tracks in the snow that I didn't see on the way in.  I saw deer, fox, coon and coyote tracks all over the place.  Fro what I could tell of the coyote and deer tracks.  There must have been a chace on after a young deer.  With that said I know where I will be later today.  Forget the Beagles and Cowgirls game.  I'm after a different kind of game.

Don't know If you are aware, but It Is Illegal to take a road kill deer to hunt over. Stupid law, I must admit.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »
Just to let everyone know and I should have mentioned.  I gutted the deer and put the guts out by the pond.  The land owner called me after the original post was made and asked me to get rid off the carcass because of where it was.  I took the carcass to a dump site where the PGC dumps their road kills.  After reading the W4M post.  I checked the game laws and did not see anything saying it is illegal to hunt over road kill.  I will look further into that during the week.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline FoxPro17

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »
yes but illegal to hunt over anything that simulates real game

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 09:24:11 PM »
What do you mean 17?

worm4man

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »
Page 16 of the digest my father just looked It up.

For consumption only, YOU must secure a permit within 24 hours.

Baiting Page 76
Any natural or manmade non-living bait.

There was a boy my age about 2 years ago posted a fox he shot during firearms season, on HPA, and he got arrested. This post needs modified. And Swarter, I think It Is unreal to have to let deer rot on roadsides, and not be able to use them for bait. I was hoping the mods deleted or edited It out, as It was a honest mistake.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 09:42:42 PM »
In my area, as long as you report your intentions within 24hrs of picking one up
its up to the discretion of the officer.

Also any fur, out of season, gets the 24hr rule   

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 10:05:05 PM »
Locked per swarter2 request

thanks
Ryan