Author Topic: Let me know...  (Read 1647 times)

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
Let me know...
« on: November 06, 2009, 12:42:16 PM »
On Wed morning at 6.25am the coyotes started howling. This is the first time in two weeks that I've herd them. When I go back up on Sunday afternoon I'm going to try to call them or one in. They sound like they are in the thick stuff so I'm going to try to call them in from about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile down hill into a little valley that's very wooded but a little open so I can shoot my rifle. Do you think I have a chance? This is all new to me so all info is a benefit to me. Thanks ED

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Let me know...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 02:02:23 PM »
Never hurts to try
Good luck!!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Let me know...
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 05:19:23 PM »
On Wed morning at 6.25am the coyotes started howling. This is the first time in two weeks that I've herd them. When I go back up on Sunday afternoon I'm going to try to call them or one in. They sound like they are in the thick stuff so I'm going to try to call them in from about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile down hill into a little valley that's very wooded but a little open so I can shoot my rifle. Do you think I have a chance? This is all new to me so all info is a benefit to me. Thanks ED

the will cover 1/4 to a 1/2 easy, what will determine if you can call them in will be the wind direction.  they will come on the downwind side of the the caller, 100 to 150 yards, maybe less if it thick.  Don't overcall them.  call for 1 min wait 8 to 10, call again wait again, repeat for at least 45 minutes.