Author Topic: Building your own stuff  (Read 2684 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Building your own stuff
« on: January 03, 2009, 10:58:21 AM »
I had the pleasure of hunting with a gentleman last night who built his own caller, headlight lamp and gun light. I found the set up interesting and it worked great. It would be interesting to see how you guys do it. Pictures would help. We pulled in 2 coons and one gray last night. To windy. It would also be interesting to see any modifications you guys have made to production equiptment that makes hunting predators easier.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:03:56 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Building your own stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 06:45:30 PM »
Brian Forman, Thanks for inviting me last night. :)

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 08:31:15 PM »
i know it is inexpensive.But it lasts long with a rechargeable spring battery.I have high heat red dj paper in front of the lense which can be removed.I can see eyes 200 yards,and a body at 125 yards.
I got tired of all the wires.We use them on all our guns,and never have had 1 malfunction,or not have one turn on when needed.

My call is a mp3 player,with a amplifier,in a metel zee medicle box,lined with foam from a rifle case.I have sat it down on a frozen large mud pubble,and it played 35 minutes with no problems,as everything is totaly enclosed.I have around 200 calls all specialy recorded with 25 seconds in front so when scrolling with the mp3 none kicks on.It is quiet,no hiss what so ever the sounds are crystal clear,as they are recorded in high quality sterio.I also have many recorded that play a minute,and are off for 2 minutes.etc.I dont have to mess with any remotes and keeps movement ot very minimal.I have a carry strap mounted to it,i can play coyote sounds,and i have a toggle switch mounted on the outside,i can shut it down right after a howl,rabbit scream,etc,at any time so it always sounds different.Makes it nice for return hunting,to a certain spot.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:42:45 PM by TROPHIESONLY »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 03:59:07 PM »
Thanks good info

Offline kgriffith

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:28:24 AM »
i know it is inexpensive.But it lasts long with a rechargeable spring battery.I have high heat red dj paper in front of the lense which can be removed.I can see eyes 200 yards,and a body at 125 yards.
I got tired of all the wires.We use them on all our guns,and never have had 1 malfunction,or not have one turn on when needed.

My call is a mp3 player,with a amplifier,in a metel zee medicle box,lined with foam from a rifle case.I have sat it down on a frozen large mud pubble,and it played 35 minutes with no problems,as everything is totaly enclosed.I have around 200 calls all specialy recorded with 25 seconds in front so when scrolling with the mp3 none kicks on.It is quiet,no hiss what so ever the sounds are crystal clear,as they are recorded in high quality sterio.I also have many recorded that play a minute,and are off for 2 minutes.etc.I dont have to mess with any remotes and keeps movement ot very minimal.I have a carry strap mounted to it,i can play coyote sounds,and i have a toggle switch mounted on the outside,i can shut it down right after a howl,rabbit scream,etc,at any time so it always sounds different.Makes it nice for return hunting,to a certain spot.

The light is very creative, where did you get the red lens cover?

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 08:41:38 AM »
i use dj paper,or i cut a clear 2 litter bottle to fit between the shield and the clear lens,then you can color both sides with a red sharpie marker,or use dykem.That way if you need to use the white light you can just take the lens cover off and remove the red lens you made from clear plastic,and use white light if needed.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 08:58:48 AM »
Keep em comming Brian. Want to save a buck. BRIAN IS THE MAN

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 11:57:34 PM »
Keep em comming Brian. Want to save a buck. BRIAN IS THE MAN
Why would I want to save a buck.  I'd rather shoot a buck and save some money.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff