Author Topic: First weekend  (Read 4361 times)

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
First weekend
« on: October 27, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »
So who all went hunting this weekend ? What did you see and get ? Lets see some pics.
PPHA District 3

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: First weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 07:32:27 AM »
I was out on saturday night.  and hunted from around 6 to midnight and not one response.  sometimes ya have nights like that.  on the flip side I have a farm of a buddys from work that hears coyotes every night so I will be hitting that this week sometime. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »
Good luck, Ben.

I haven't been out yet - maybe tonight!
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 04:43:30 PM »
Got out Sunday evening for four stands.  One coon, two doe and one decent buck.  It was really warm........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »
Got out Sunday evening for four stands.  One coon, two doe and one decent buck.  It was really warm........Tim

that was a good bag for only 4 stands... you got about a winters worth of meat in one night...  ;D
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 06:25:06 PM »
Got out saturday night,called in two red fox and a family of coons.Harvested  one big coon,the wind direction got me on the fox.The results weren't as      good as I had hoped but it was still a beautiful evening to be out.

Offline Whiteknuckle

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 12:34:42 AM »
I got out sunday evening, called in a called in a gray around 8 and my calling pantner shot it. I will post pics as soon as his wife sends me copys...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 07:17:26 AM »
Dale, had I shot something, I would have had to ship some meat to you for storage. ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 02:59:48 PM »
lolol... I'd a took care of it for you...    ;D  didn't ya shoot the coon?...

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 03:27:35 PM »
Haven't been out for anything other then deer.  But may be heading to NY state for yotes in the near future.  Wifes cousin has a pack on his property that keep his father stuck in a tree.  Took 4 atvs and a truck to chase them off.  It wouldn't be such a big deal, but his father is handicap and couldn't fend them off with his bow.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Lackawannafox

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »
Friday Got out first thing at midnight Hit about 8 spots for grey called in 2 raccoons but let them walk didnt wanna shoot with the shotgun.
Sunday night hit 7 spots for greys called in 2.First 1 didnt get a shoot .Second one my brother missed
Will be out again

Offline Whiteknuckle

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 11:00:19 PM »
here is the pics from my cellphone, I have not gotten the good pick from my buddy's wife yet...

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 09:52:14 AM »
Thanks for the pics!
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 07:25:05 AM »
Dale, did not shoot the coon because it was Sunday.  Besides, I'm not in a hurry for coon yet?  I'm going to be brushin up my coon skills with the coon master (Hern) next Friday.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 12:25:22 PM »
ok... overlooked that when I read your post... have your thinking cap on when you go out with Hern, the mans a wealth of information... learn all you can...