Author Topic: Driving for fox and coyotes  (Read 1830 times)

uncle buck

Driving for fox and coyotes
« on: February 25, 2015, 12:54:55 AM »
I notice this in the Mosquito Creek post.. Statements about driving for coyotes during the hunt.. it's actually practice to harvest either reds or coyotes.. I know guys that have done this and have gotten red fox and coyotes all ready... They hit the wood lots.. however they will Howl and if they get a response in that wood lot they start right out at sun up... With the wind I their face they walk Through the wood lot as drivers and other the other end is the shooters.. just like a deer drive.. It could be dangerous to hunting like this and it's best that everyone involved wear orange.. This is sometime a good method to go to just say if the wind is so bad that you can't call.. .Just get a group together and drive for coyotes.. you got to know that they are in that woodlot however so you don't burn up all your energy...

some hunters even follow the fox tracks in snow with the wind in their face and look for a brown or red clump sunning themselves on a high spot in a field...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:57:50 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Driving for fox and coyotes
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 09:56:08 AM »
that's simple enough on the drives, NO ONE shoots into the drive... only after they get past the standers or back through the drivers if they're packing is there any shooting allowed...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...