Author Topic: Night Vision  (Read 2536 times)

Offline hd833

• PPHA Members
Night Vision
« on: May 22, 2014, 03:10:50 PM »
Just got off the phone (5/22/14 @1505hrs) with the S.E. office of the PGC and you CAN use NVG as long as it does not project a visible beam i.e laser , IR illuminators are legal since humans can't see in that band of electrical energy.
Don
Only bird **** and Airborne fall from the sky!!!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Night Vision
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:08:48 PM »
NVG=Night vision Goggles?
If so, who did you speak with because they are wrong. Night Vision is unlawful to use for hunting.

You can use laser illuminating devices (ND3 laser lights) as long as it illuminates, and is not used for a sighting device

Again, Night vision is illegal to hunt with
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:48:18 AM »
With night vision you have to hide just like day time hunting so the critters can not see you. I can not see the advantage over just using a light at 1/10th the cost of night vision and you do not need to hide. Heck I can stand in an open area and not worry about being sean when hunting with a light. Someone will have to explain to me the advantage of night vision.  I hunted with a friend that can only use night vision in his state. After hunting with me one weekend he likes lights a lot better then night vision. Even if it is leagle in Pa. I would save my money and just hunt with a light.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Bees OBrien

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 11:19:52 PM »
yup buckwheat is right.....I tried it with a monocular and it wasn't very successful do way better with a light,

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 05:31:02 AM »
 >:( You know what? >:( If you want to use nvg or other devices..GO AHEAD... >:(....It's 2014....and we seem as a society to be not following the rules on anything today... >:(.....Forget that fair chase horseXXXX  :o that's for loser's like me... :-[ Yep I like to have whatever (fox-coyote) right next to me in the dark,completely fooled out of his wits...don't even need the kill  :) But hey some old relics, like me, were brought up to respect the animals we were pursuing..ok to hunt, but no inhumane or brutal tactics......I GOT seems to be the mantra  >:( well you might have got more but how? I read this somewhere and think it sums my rant up nicely......"Don't feel bad if you don't harvest the animal(s) you pursue, they NEVER get a turn to bat".  JMO.... 8)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 08:32:19 AM »
i think there would be an advantage to use thermal.  you could scout woodlots with it and find downed game easier at night if they run off..   other than that i see no advantage.