Author Topic: Question  (Read 2247 times)

Offline sw-nightstalker

• Heading to the woods.
Question
« on: June 30, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »
First off, I love to predator hunt but when it came to deer hunting I would stop predator hunting and strictly hunt for deer. I have been reading the Pa Hunting and Trapping Digest seeing if you can hunt coyote at night during deer season after legal hunting hours. This book seem to contradict itself a lot. I see you can hunt fox and raccoons at night after legal hour for deer. All I want to know can I hunt coyote at night legally in Pa during our regular firearm deer season?
22-250 Remington 700
Savage 93R 17 HMR
Coyote TLR Kill light
Fox Pro Firestorm
Rich

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »
This confused me also. Yes, you can legally hunt predators after dark during rifle deer season. one way you can tell is because it doesn't have no stop hunting between the furbearer seasons. You can not spot from a vehicle during this time but you can on foot. You can't however hunt fox during the daylight hours of deer season. If I got anything wrong "Shawn" please correct it for me.
FayetteNam

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »
I believe you have it right Ian
Deer season technically ends at the evening shooting hours end time and begins at the morning shooting hours start time.
Make sure you apply the meridian time zone minutes also

Offline sw-nightstalker

• Heading to the woods.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:37:19 PM »
Thank you for the answer. Looks like I will be doing some predator hunting during deer season. Has anyone on here ever try hunting during deer season with any luck?
22-250 Remington 700
Savage 93R 17 HMR
Coyote TLR Kill light
Fox Pro Firestorm
Rich

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »
I've hunted but with limited luck personally. I'm not sure if it was because of all the human disturbance or the fact that there is so many unclaimed deer and gut piles that they are constantly full. I could never figure it out. For me things just never seem the same as soon as deer season starts. Sightings drop until mating season.
FayetteNam