Author Topic: What have you lost while predator hunting?  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
What have you lost while predator hunting?
« on: December 04, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »
Thought this might be an interesting topic.  So far this year I lost a pair of binoculars that the landowner found and returned, left my Carver Howler in a field but went back and found, and a friend left his foxpro in a field but we went back and found it and he shot a fox!  Guess that was a good thing for him to forget in the field that night. 

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: What have you lost while predator hunting?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 05:42:33 PM »
One year lost a layard full of moth calls that I never did find. A year later I was using a giz and grey seen eyes coming put the call down and never seen that call ever again. This year I lost a mo jo decoy. Went back to that field where I last used it never did find it.  :(

Offline BedfordQDM

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 07:33:49 PM »
I forgot to zip my pack up once and lost 5 of those 18650 batteries. Went back the next day and retraced my tracks in the snow and found 4 of the five!
PPHA District 4 - York Co./Bedford Co.

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »
The only thing I lost is brass. A couple times I couldn't find my shell after quickly chambering a live round after a shot. Thats just a little thing...I guess I am lucky so far. This year I haven't had the chance to lose anything since I haven't been getting out at all.

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:16:15 PM »
I lose the same thing everytime.....its all the stress and bs that can sometimes creep into the working mans life..Amen for that
PPHA President

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
Other than my patience and sanity the only thing I've lost is a hand call here and there
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Musky73

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »
Like you said, I left the foxpro behind once, but it led to a kill! Then there's that brand new scan light that fell out of my pocket. This could be an expensive year!
district 2

Offline jerad188

• Junior Forum Member
  • South eastern District 5
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »
it wasnt necassarily WHILE i was out hunting, but BECAUSE i went hunting i lost my girlfriend once lol! but when i fnished up i played the ol distress call and she came right back in. now she understands not to interfere with huntin season!
Addicted to fur for sure

Offline Jake

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 09:34:31 PM »
Yes, I lost Last Yr. A Watch I got at a PX down in Fort Jackson in 1977 after getting out of Basic.... went back around that area over and over for many days, maybe some Day....
It is, What it Is.

Offline Outdoors_man

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 09:44:22 PM »
Lost a lot of sleep!

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 10:15:54 PM »
I lost a brand new smart phone. Don't have any idea where i lost it

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »
hmm nothing yet...but i did think,i lost my wallet 2 weeks ago after doing a few sets...I was convinced,i knew right where it was...only thing was...i'd have to wait till morning....keep searching my predator bag...Yup after looking threw it 4 times..i found it against the black ground of the bag..I thanked the lord most of the night.. :-[
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 07:15:14 PM »
Shoot...I lost a glove last night on an all night hunt.  Really loved it and never saw one like it ... leather hand and warm cammo backing.  :0  Not to useful with one glove...guess I should have lost em both so the finder could have a complete set.   ;D

Offline Tikka

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »
My buddy and I just got into predator hunting this year. I baught a Wild fire caller and we were using it for the first time about three weeks ago. When we moved to a new set we discovered that my buddy had left the caller on the tail gate of my truck and never put it up!!!!!!  Luckily we retraced our tracks and found it at a back road intersection just as a snow plow had made its first pass. We must have used up all our luck for the night on the caller cuz we got skunked.