Author Topic: Standing verses Sitting down  (Read 5115 times)

uncle buck

Re: Standing verses Sitting down
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 11:47:49 PM »
I have three standing tripods..one of which is E. Wilsons!!!My kills have gone up and I have been popping quite a bit fox with a 22 WMR Marlin bolt action.

Also at night if you sit down and call you really can't see far on level ground... Now using E. Wilson tripod I can see coyotes and fox coming in from hundreds of yards away...

Shooting on the ground only really works if your up on a hill looking down..
Sit down in some stuble corn with your Harris Bipod and you will see what I mean...

I was doing so well with the little 22 WMR last year I didn't even use the  17 center fires... 

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »
Seeking coyotes
If you run your lights correctly and shine before the fields you can stand in the middle of a field if like. Most of my stands I watch 360 around. I shoot most were I think they will come from but I still shoot a fair amount that come in from were I just walked in from. 360  standing and shooting in the wide open is 80 present of my stands. Running the light is the key. The other 20 present I did not need to go to the wide open because shooting would no be possible from behind because of a house or other problem. In the woods I stand right on the road most of the time wand need to shoot both ways. I hope this helps you understand why I can use mine 100 present of the time.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
Thanks Buckwheat I never tried not concealing myself predator hunting but will try standing up in the middle of the field and see what happens.  Perhaps sometime if we run into each other you can demonstrate how you do your stands.  I sure would shoot better from a rest.