Author Topic: Misses  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Misses
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:42:14 PM »
This year 2 misses and hopefully that is it. Frist was a chip shot at a grey fox and this past sunday evening I missed a red (like 80 yards shooting at the eyes) :-\. Like I said hopfully that is all the missing that I do this year. How often does this happen to you guys  in a season.

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Misses
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »
I started out the season with two misses.It causes you to lose confidence in your shooting.I would take a trip to the range just to make sure everything is still lined up and to get your confidence back.I haven't missed one since.

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »
I missed my first shot this year. It was a red about 85 yards away. I was holding right on his glowing eyes and just as the gun fired I pulled a tad low. (I adjusted the trigger since then so it won't happen again)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
I missed six so far this year.  Actually I hit two of the six but never recovered so I count them as misses.  I had four misses in one night before I quit that night.  Had trigger work done and the gun needed sighted in again.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Deerhtr

• Junior Forum Member
  • Critters Taste Good
    • Gary's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 10:04:27 AM »
I would be ok with a miss if I would just see something. Haven't seen snot all season.  ::)

Offline Fox101

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »
I also would love a miss at this point, that would meen I saw somethin besides a house cat !!!
Joe Radle

Every day is a new chance to learn........

District 4

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
lookn4fur, you miss a lot huh?  8)
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline ColonelAngus

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 03:02:12 PM »
Hit and couldn't find my first two of the year, last Friday night in the snow storm. Quit for the night and was shooting at paper the next day. Hope to see some more now that I'm sighted back in.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
lookn4fur, you miss a lot huh?  8)

On occasion, but I kill a lot also!! :o
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:04:52 PM by Lookn4Fur »
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!