Author Topic: cell phone predator call  (Read 6657 times)

Offline prdtrkilr223

• Junior Forum Member
  • There aint no such thing as too dead...
cell phone predator call
« on: May 18, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »
I had an idea tonight. I just recently got one of these new smart phones. I can download anything on this thing. It has a really good speaker and can accept a plug in speaker. Has anyone else ever thought of downloading call sounds onto your phone and using it as a caller? I even have a camo case for mine. I know this isn't a normal suggestion but it is a possibility and sure beats spending another few hundred bucks on an e-caller. Am I. Alone on this thought or not?

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
Re: cell phone predator call
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:56:57 PM »
i have a smart phone too and i saw that you can get a predator caller app that plays all the sounds you'd need you'd think it would work but then again there are so many disadvantages who knows they have an app for anything and they all cant be effective especially when it comes to tricking a wise animal like fox or coyotes

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 01:21:33 AM »
Not on a phone... I have them on an MP3 player... You can set  the MP3 player to play the same sound over and over and over again.  So you could place it in a position and walk away from it and let it rip..  Many of the stores like Ross, TJMAXX, and Marshalls have add on speaker for the MP3 players.. As I'm typing this I am playing my mp3 player with a small speaker I purchased the other day.. cost me $4.00 for the speaker.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:01:36 AM »
My buddy has a screaming rabbit ring tone on his cell phone. When it rings in the supermarket he gets all kind of looks. Lol
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:04:42 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »
I have a blackberry but I know the Iphone my wife has is capable of working just like an Ipod so I can't see why you couldn't download sounds onto it off your computer just like you would music. You would have to get them into your Itunes library then onto the phone. The only thing I was wondering about would be if it would pump out enough juice to run an external speaker and of course what kind of volume it would have. Hmmm  ??? ???
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline prdtrkilr223

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »
I loaded a rabbit distress on mine last night and walked 150 yards from my house an my coon dogs got all worked up when I started it up. That was just my phone with no speaker. If anything this could be one of those solutions to the situation of " oh crap I forgot the call". Or ur batts die in your call

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »
i recorded the mouse squeaker on my phone and set it as my ringtone when hunting at night. 

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »
Good idea Scott

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »
One sound that would work for sure would be the Gray Fox Pup Distress.. Figure...They come right to the sound source.  I have a speaker that clips right on my belt loop or belt and attaches to the MP3 player...Kind of like the ole Johnny Stewart caller that use to attach to your belt loops.. It played a small record or disc...   I got me one or two of those too.... Got them on clearance at a hunting store..  $.50 for the disc and $5.00 for the JS Player. The MP3 player would work on the same concept as this gone by JS caller..

However again....phones and MP3 players.. Kind of like in a pinch caller.. There are so many better things to use.. Even the Johnny Stewart Attractor series are cheap awesome callers... So much so if you know what your doing with the attractor 1  or attractor 2 you could call in coyotes with it here in Pa..
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:04:40 PM by uncle buck »

Offline prdtrkilr223

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »
I went to ewcalls.com last night to check out that rifle rest and found he has a whole bunch of sounds you can download. I think I got 10 or 12 of them and they sound pretty good. I'm gona try and find one of those cheap little speakers and see just how loud I can get it.

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »
Just make sure you do what scott does and set the ringtone too. You could get busted if the old lady calls to make sure you're only hunting 4 legged foxes and the ring tone interrupts your calling.