Author Topic: Predator Hunting It's not just a hunt it's an adventure  (Read 2949 times)

uncle buck

Predator Hunting It's not just a hunt it's an adventure
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:01:26 PM »
25  plus years of night hunting... Wow some of the things you encounter are true life adventures.. Some of the things you could send into Outdoor Life or Sports Afield and have them publish them in articles like:  "THIS HAPPENED TO ME!"  such was the case last evening.. I did a stand with the rifle and rest in the farmers larger field.. I  hunted this particular farm for well over 25 years but now the last 2 years it had new owners... I use to hunt with the shotgun behind the barn and did well on red fox... I asked the farmer recently if I could hunt back that side again he said OK.  I climbed the hill and was walking past the dairy barns like in yesteryear.. Same path with no problems..  However as I walked up the hill for this shotgun stand... I notice how the cow manure was really getting stronger... here I am all white camo even white boots...I'm walking along then all of a sudden I feel my right boot go down deep into what I thought was mud..  However it was not mud it was cow ______that was wet, and soft, and piled about 2 feet high..I knew right off when I broke down through the sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet that I was no longer going to have color of white from my knee down.. Thank God I did not fall on my back or forward in the cow  sheeeeeeeeeeet.  I tell you it was nice that there was deep snow piles around because I was doing those snow angels in them after that... I sure did not need a cover scent after that either.. Lucky I got most off... I did continue to hunt the rest of the night into the morning.... I made three more stands after that...I got home...I took my clothes off outside.  Took everything out of my white camo pockets and cleaned up much of the stuff.  I left the clothes outside the boots too.. Cleaned the inside of the car with cleaner.. You would never know it was carrying cow manure in it.  it was the family vehicle too.. but lucky....like is said...It was good that a grown man could be doing snow angels out in the farmers field.. I wonder what they, the farmers family were thinking if they looked out the window seeing a grown man laying his back and front doing all kinds of designs in the snow.  Also today...they are probably going to have a good laugh to when they see those two real deep deep  footprints not in the snow but the depositied cow sheeeeeeeet.WATCH WHEN YOU WALK TO CLOSE TO THE DAIRY CATTLE BARNS OR STRUCTURES AT NIGHT.. THERE MIGHT BE A BOBBIE TRAP SETTING THERE FOR YOU!!!!!Sheeeeeeeeeeet! MAN!!!! Now That Was A Real Adventure!!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:05:19 PM by uncle buck »

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Predator Hunting It's not just a hunt it's an adventure
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:21:28 AM »
HaHa  I don't care what anyone says, that there is funny UB.  ;D
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 10:27:04 AM »
Ya probably now that you met me you can really picture me doing all of that...ADVENTURE!!!! SHEEEEEEEEEET!  MAAAAAAAN!!!

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:18:31 PM »
one time YEARS ago my then girlfriend decided to go along.Parked in front of the farmers house-1am-She decides to wait in the truck.I go down-get set up-turn the old JC caller to some grey fox pup tunes good and loud and 30 seconds later my truck horn is blowing like crazy.Grab my gear-head back to the truck and my girlfriend was glad to see me ALIVE.She thought some wild animal was attacking me.Guess I should have explained how calling works.Another time later after marriage  and when greys were plentiful  she decides to tag along but goes on stand this time.A few minutes and a nice grey comes in-boom-nice pelt for the wall-SHE asks what the call sound was and I tell her grey fox pups.Immediately she starts crying thinking its cruel to shoot a fox coming to protect it,s young,I say-what did you think the sound was-Between sobs she says a MATING call.Go figure-Lloyd

Offline bloodhound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »

predator1  lol   Now that is funny...   Mating call :)

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »
Oh because it's ok to.........JEEZ. lol

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
so if you come a runnin because you think you're gonna get some and get blasted, thats ok?????

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »
i think i laughed at everyone of those hahah especially the "so if you come a runnin because you think you're gonna get some and get blasted, thats ok??"
one time me and my friend were hunting in a farmers field at night and had bull cows charge us to where we had to dive under an electric fence to escape to safety i guess they don't like howls

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 10:50:10 PM »
Bull's..  I don't trust them at all.. I don't care what the farmers say: Just like people say about dogs  "He Won't Bite You!".. Farmers will Say that their bull: "His Particular Bulls Would Not Hurt Anyone!" Sound like a lot of BS to me!!!! .... I know of two farmers that are dead now because their bulls gored them.. One farmer would feed the bull donuts yet... I guess his last donut the bull had he  just did not like the Jelly Filled?????
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:18:13 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 11:20:54 PM »
so if you come a running because you think you're gonna get some and get blasted, that's OK?????

ya at one time you could not use a stuff toy since that was a food item... However you could put out a mounted fox in matting season and that was OK to use as a decoy..  However take the same mounted fox at that time and put it in the field and if you were hunting coyotes.. Now that red fox mount was food and not for sex...

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 10:27:43 AM »
ya the farmer told us the cows wouldn't bother us