Author Topic: coyote bedding areas  (Read 2279 times)

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
coyote bedding areas
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »
I,ve had most of my luck with the several yotes I,ve called in by locating them close to dark-scouting the area to figure lay of land-best setup-winds etc and then calling that area when conditions are right.We spend a good bit of time in Potter county and some places I seldom cut a track or see scat etc. and other areas are hotspots.One area in particular is major sign and we have seen yotes almost every time back in there.Missed a couple with flintocks in the early season-got a big male in bear season with muzzleloader-missed 1 and got 1 in deer season.Between me and my boy we saw 5 the last day of deer season.It,s a hard to reach area(bout 1 -1.5 hours to walk in) so the yotes aren,t bothered.during the hunting seasons we like to pack back in and stay for a few days and we usually hear em several times at night almost every time.just my thoughts-have a great day-Lloyd

uncle buck

Re: coyote bedding areas
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »
Good strategy if you could hike back and camp out somewhere in the sticks and hunt coyotes..Might be good thing to do in September when the weather is just rainy (Not Cold or Hot) and the coyotes populations are at there high...

Now.....find the core areas of the deer and you will find the coyotes... Take a early morning ride 1:00 AM ride on roads that go into public lands... State Forest, Federal Lands,  Pa Game Lands.... When you see deer still feeding along the roads.  Hunt those public lands.. It does not have to be a herd of deer either.. Where there is one deer there is more and also there is ""THE OPURTUNIST!"  He or she is always there always trying to drag one down.  Sad for the deep snow areas.. That's were they, Coyotes  the AKA Opportunist make a Killings on large numbers of deer herds..  
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:59:46 PM by uncle buck »

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 06:58:46 AM »
The area I,m talking about has a good deer population and some super thick clearcuts.I was pushing the one cutting and 3 coyotes came out the other end.Right on the other side of the ridge I shot a deer late Friday-got back in there early sat. morning-gut pile completly gone-9:30am here comes 2 yotes and only 1 left.It,s actually amazing the amount of coyotes and the abundace of sign in the area.It,s my honey hole for the Mosquito Creek hunt(hopefully ha ha)Lloyd

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 08:59:05 AM »
Good luck hope to see a post that you got one in the Mosquito Creek hunt.. Usually a few of the hunters on the forum do get one..