Author Topic: Electronic Callers  (Read 1872 times)

Offline seanthefreak

• PPHA Members
Electronic Callers
« on: February 01, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
Like my previous post, im new to the predator game and am looking for an electronic gamecall.  I am on a small budget, and was wondering the guys with experience, which electronic game call is good for around $200 bucks.  Any input would be good, i seen the foxpro spitfire, but any small companys offer a quality product for a quality price.

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
Re: Electronic Callers
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:28:33 PM »
I have a Spitfire. It's a good call. I've been successful with it. Another good one is the Primos Powerdogg. The coyote vocalizations are done by Randy Anderson.  I've called coyotes with them and fox and coyote with its jackrabbit distress call. It is also a little cheaper.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:35:51 PM »
you have to ask yourself? Am I truly a riflemen or a shotgunner or both? Then you have to ask yourself what do I want to hunt with my electronics? Fox, coyotes, coon, bobcat and crow?

I truly have a lot of callers and everyone has it's pro's and con's.  I hunted with my brother and nephew this past weekend and do like the sound of the Spit Fires.. Even the Spitfires that you buy with the sounds already on them from places like Basspro.. However remember if your a PPHA member you do get a 10% discount from Foxpro on all of their products. You have to go through Foxpro to get the discount..

Truly the night time red fox and coyote Hunter with a shotgun needs a caller that operates with a remote.. A daytime hunter can use a JS Preyamaster for everything.. That's even the Preymaster without the remote.

The negative side of buying caller from Basspro with the same sounds on and you don't pick them.. 999 other callers will also be using that same caller with those sounds on.. When it comes to coyotes then your calling could be over.. Also yes Dreamcatcher is right about the Powerdogg.  I have called in quite a few coyotes with the Powerdogg.. Figure this is Randy Anderson doing coyote vocalization and if he says it 's a coyote pup it's a coyote pup. If randy says that is the Female Invitational Howl it's the Female invite. Once you truly get hooked on calling you will probably own more then one electronic caller. It's good to own more then one should one break on you in season.. you have another to go to until the one that's broke gets fixed..

Remember to at least get yourself the Primos KIYI closed reed call.   It does not freeze up and it does make excellent sound of rabbit distress and pups and KIYI too..

JS Attractor 1 and 2 are also excellent callers but you just can't get the 100 yards out of them with your remote.. They run about $32.00 but if you hang the caller from a tree it will work 50 yards from your position.  See this would be good for  small acres farms or hunting from a ridge or in the deep woods where you won't be far off from your speaker..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:40:48 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:02:20 PM »

Remember to at least get yourself the Primos KIYI closed reed call.   It does not freeze up and it does make excellent sound of rabbit distress and pups and KIYI too..

Could not believe it after it worked for me one cold night, last night it .....The Primos KIYI froze up on me. !!!!!!!!! Even when I took the mouth piece off and tried it still was froze up..

Looks like your best bet is to use the Primos LIL DOGS if your a new caller... They are open reed calls but are a lot easier to use then other mouth calls.  Another good and easy to use open reed call is the Crit-R-Call PEEWEE.  Looks like any closed reed call just collects saliva and if not removed after calling cause them to freeze up..  I just wanted to correct myself on what I said previously about the KIYI Primos call being a good call for freezing temps..

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »
if u would like to p.m. me I have a Spitfire i would be interested in selling.