Author Topic: For the One Gun Predator Hunter  (Read 2566 times)

uncle buck

For the One Gun Predator Hunter
« on: February 09, 2010, 06:41:23 PM »

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: For the One Gun Predator Hunter
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 06:52:26 PM »
always wondered just how accurate a plastic sabot works in a rifled bore. think these will achieve sub-MOA accuracy for our line of work? a fox as we all know is a small target when you take their clothes off. plus...how much residual plastic is left in the bore after each fireing? a plastic sabot being pushed at 4,000fps out of a rifled bore is sure to leave some plastic behind after the shot...and compounded after each additional shot. i can see accuracy going down hill in a hurry.

the principle works great in a smoothbore as used on the Abrams Tank i used to fire. but we're talking much tighther tolerances with aluminum sabot petals than these plastic ones.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »
i thought they made them illegal years ago, they were i think called excelators or something like that, reason i think they had a issue with them is because you were shooting a bullet that had no ballistics.   

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 01:39:42 AM »
I will have to look in the Rem 2009 catalog to see if they still sale the 3006.  I think they called them Accelerators???????At one time they sold them in 30/30, 308, and 3006.
E. A. Brown the seller of the dies and sabots claim they will not hurt your gun barrel..Me? I don't know if it will or not...We are already shooting sabots out of in lines and black powder guns but probably not at the velocity that a 3006 would shoot a .224 bullet...