Author Topic: coyote eyes  (Read 2396 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
coyote eyes
« on: January 10, 2010, 03:12:42 PM »
I have often heard that sometimes they eyes of a coyote will glow white like diamonds even with a red filter, all of the ones that i have ever called in have had orange or red eyes until last night.  called one in that the eyes were like a whitish green, very different.   i was using the same red filter i have always used, not sure when they were a different color, what is everyone else experience with  the color of coyotes eyes with the a red filter. 

uncle buck

Re: coyote eyes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 04:12:13 PM »
I too have seen coyotes with different color eyes... However I am one that jump around to all kind of red lens pop covers...Nitelite, homemaders, Wal-Mart brand, Home Depot red lens lights,  cheap cash register type head lights. Lately I have only been using the qualithy pop covers from Nitelite...
I suppose the color of a coyotes eyes with different lights are debateable? 
Most times in my life of coyotes coming to the call...They were White Like Diamonds. Even if I had a red lens...

Recently I have seen other post the person's have shot a coyote and thought it was a fox. Turns out it was a coyote not a fox.. Figure?????

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 08:55:42 PM »
In my experience the eyes of a coyote appear as the same color as fox but much more intense and you really notice the spacing being further apart.The intensity is enough to make the hair stand up on the back of your neck if you have any.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:31:29 AM »
The only time I had a coyotes eyes shine white was when I was using a white light.  Other than that they have always been Red or Orange.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline yotehunter74

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.sfcustompredatorcalls.com
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 10:28:41 AM »
The coyotes that I have called and killed using a red lens have always been some shade of red. I have used the orange filters you use to get with the rechargable light and they still appeared to be a red or orange tint.