Author Topic: First weekend  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: First weekend
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
Yeah, I can't wait.  I always learn a lot when I talk to hearn.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 09:48:27 PM »
We had some success this past weekend.  My dad, my brother, and I went out Friday night before the weather moved in.  We were able to hit 6 stands and saw eyes at three of those.  Very first stand of the season, we called in a cat.  I watched it come in from about 80 yards to about 20 were it hopped up on a back and sat down and watched us.  I made me sick  ---- since I wasn't lucky enough to get a cat tag  :'(.  Forth stand called in a coyote, but it came in to about 50 yards, and got wise, didn't get a shot.  On the next stand called in a gray but wasn't able to shot because I woud have been shooting the highway and we were only about 20 yards back in.  Saturday night went out early (even gave up the chance to watch PSU beat OSU  ;D and were able to do 10 stands.  Got a coon and gray that night.  All and all a very successful weekend...I just hope the success continues!!!
~mountainfox

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »
While climbing in the stand this morning, a lone coyote was making some noise a few hundred yards away.  A little later I heard a rabbit squeal.  Poor little bunny.  Then at first light the yote started to howl waking up the dogs on the farm down the road.  So, guess what I'll be doing later after sitting on stand.  Wish me luck.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff