Author Topic: day or night  (Read 6002 times)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: day or night
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »
Quattro,   That's where it's nice to use  a shooting tri pod like the Tri X.  If you're hunting by yourself, you can keep your headlight on the fox, and still turn on the shoot light.  Once you get on it with the shoot light you can turn off your head light and get behind the gun for the shot.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 09:27:48 PM »
Quattro,   That's where it's nice to use  a shooting tri pod like the Tri X.  If you're hunting by yourself, you can keep your headlight on the fox, and still turn on the shoot light.  Once you get on it with the shoot light you can turn off your head light and get behind the gun for the shot.

Yes you are correct..I use a Manfrotto tripod with a one piece rail that a machinist buddy EDM wire cut for me from a solid piece of aluminum...it has a slot for a light to be inserted into it..its pretty slick...if I would not already have owned this one, I would without a doubt own a Tri-X..waiting for this one to "break" and become useless so I can get one!
PPHA President

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 10:35:28 PM »
I am in the process of building as tri pod  I run a machine shop but currently laid archery industry is super slow right now
Due to price increase in ammo,,,,,,,,,,,,,there will be no warning shots