Author Topic: Irony  (Read 6352 times)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Irony
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 01:23:02 PM »
Ben,  I totally agree with what you're saying.  I've had areas with tracks galore, but never called in a fox.  The tracks tell me that the fox WAS there, but moved along by the time I got there.  Maybe it's still in the area and maybe it's not.  It also tells me I need to do a little more home work so I can be there when the fox are there or coming into the area.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 02:02:21 PM »
That's not exactly what I meant.  A lot of guys watch a tv show or a dvd and go to a local farm and think there has to be critters here.  They then proceed to walk in setup and call.  Sometimes they get lucky and call animals.  Sometimes they do not and they get discouraged.  Without scouting you will never know if they have even passed through an area or not in the past week or two.  A lot of callers that come up during shows say it looks good, but if you ask them if they scouted it they tell you no I seen fox there in the summer so they have to be there. 

If there are good numbers in an area and you are not seeing anything then your setup is wrong or the area got pressured by other hunters you do not know are hunting in your area.  Just my opinion from my limited experience.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 02:20:33 PM »
I seem to be seeing them around 10:00pm but, it's tough. It's kind of a narrow window. A shotgun is loud at night with house around.

You guys get that this a residential neighborhood, it's not a farm, right ?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:39:40 PM by Shovelheadave »

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 02:39:39 PM »
I can laugh about it. It's not worse than fox tracks on top of mine as i'm walking out from an empty set!
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 03:18:28 PM »
O-great some one missed understood! Ben was misunderstood? Now lets add to this and play wisper down the line. Wonder why predator hunting is so hard?
Just think of what is going on in the head of the guy trying use checkers as a reference. He probably has the whole area now layed out in little squares. Black and red. LOL
I bet if i question him the answere might be way different then what you had in mind.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 04:26:08 PM »
 :-X ??? ::) 8)
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 12:55:43 PM »
Don't over THINK it.........
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6