Author Topic: anyluck this weekend  (Read 2060 times)

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
anyluck this weekend
« on: February 16, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
anyone having any luck, any word how many have been weighed in at Mosqutio Creek? we been out a lot we struck out Thrusday night Friday was a little better we did have a few answer us but no sightings.  then as I sat at a landing on a logging road I had a bobcat walk out the woods across the road and walk towards me as it crossed the road and walked on edge of landing before going over bank. although it wasnt what we were hunting it was good to see something.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: anyluck this weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:40:54 PM »
I had some luck so far.......all bad!!!
Hit a grey only found 2 drops of blood over 300 yds of tracking

Had a red come in my back door that I never saw

Had a pair of coyotes come across an open field and I shot when they stopped at 125 yds, heard a thud but could find it in the field so I went back to look for blood this morning( none) and walked over a crest to see a red mousing in the same field. So I run back to the truck to get a shotgun ( shotgun or rim fire only area )
And on my return a stuck to a tree line so I wouldn't be seen, and the red just happened to be coming that way and it spooked.
I'm a wreck

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
I thought I was jinxed?  You take the cake.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 01:38:36 PM »
Wow Leglifter...sounds like you are in an awesome part of the state for predator hunting.

Been seeing coyote eyes popping up over hills then back down again just as I am ready to shoot.   >:(

Offline Jake

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 08:54:37 AM »
You had them on the move....that was good...
It is, What it Is.