Author Topic: My Light  (Read 3013 times)

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
My Light
« on: November 11, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »
My light is fading fast, my guiding light.  Though none of my friends here have never met that light.  I feel it necessary to share this with you.

My guiding light is my mom.  She is the one person that knows me best.  When I was down she would pick me up and encourage me to continue on.  Growing up with a learning disability she never allowed me to placed into a institution for mentally disabled kids.  She is my light. My light house to guide me away from rocky shores.  We cried and laughed at the littlest things through out my life.  She cried the day I graduated from high school, because I proved the doctors wrong.  I have grown into the man I am today because of her.  She has seen me succeed and fail and succeed again.  Yes, we have fought as well.  God knows we have fought.  But at the end of it we still made up with a hug and a kiss.  She is my strength to carry on.  She has watched me marry and raise 2 beautiful girls.  She will always be my guiding light even as hers slowly burns out.

She is dying from lung cancer.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Re: My Light
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:03:58 PM »
Praying for u and ur family.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 10:47:52 PM »
Swarter2
There is never an easy answere or a way to make you feel better when these times come.  But I think her light will continue to burn bright in you. Just reading your words I could feel her light already in you. My prayers are with you.
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »
Thank God you have a chance to say goodbye. Many many times I wish I would of had that chance. Many of you know, but my father-in-law which was one of my best friends died almost instantly from a massive heart attack at 50 with no previous warnings. My prayers and sympathies are with you...i know what its like

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »
Sorry to hear that Dave.  Praying for comfort in this tough time.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »
Dave, I'm so sorry to hear of this. She raised a great man from what I know of you. CoyoteNightmare is right and that it's better to have the knowledge and you can make an attempt to return the favor that your Mother has done for you. I'm not a religious person but I feel that the people we hold dear and that have molded us become angels and are never further from us than we allow them to be. You guys will not be far from my thoughts, Dave.
FayetteNam