Author Topic: Canadian Lynx!  (Read 1499 times)

Offline RyanX

• Junior Forum Member
Canadian Lynx!
« on: August 05, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
Hey guys, last year my dad and I saw a lynx but I didn't have my camera but this year I did and we were about 10 yards away so here is some pics.

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Canadian Lynx!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »
Nice pics. I have lost my trust in wild cats over the lynx. Was fishing in Ontario a couple years ago and had one coming into our campsite several times. We thought maybe it was attracted to the fish but it never bothered them when it came by. The last night there, we were cleaning a mess of walleyes after dark and it had snuck up to five feet away from my friend and I. My brother had walked down the trail to us, and it jumped up when he got beside it (which was behind my friend and I by 5 ft). The next morning we followed his tracks up the beach to where it was crouched down watching us. By the way it left tracks, it had obviously crept up slowly for about 75 yards on the beach to where it was when my brother startled it. That was the only year we had a run in with a lynx. We first thought that was cool, until it got overly friendly. Then it got creepy not knowing its intentions.  We didn't feed it anything and it never ate anything. Was either curious or felt we were a threat to its space. I would say that lynx in our camp stood near 3 ft tall.