Author Topic: Ready to start hunting!!!  (Read 1541 times)

Offline predhunter82

• Junior Forum Member
Ready to start hunting!!!
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »
I decided to go out last evening and do a little bit of scouting and some calling. This summer is just going by way to slow. At about 715 I got to a probable new stand location in the mountain laurel and decided to to sit for a little bit and do some calling. I turned on the old dying bluejay on my fox pro for a few minuted and then turned it off. After waiting a little while I changed over to a rabbit in distress. At about this time the sweat was poring down my face. I really wasn't expecting to call in anything close but it was nice to be out hunting again. About 15 minutes into my stand I had to wipe the sweat off my face ( it was starting to sting the eyes a little bit) as soon as I was done a patch of laurel about 25 yards off to my 11 o'clock starting rustling. When i looked up I could see the tips of a bobcats ears moving away from me. Talk about a mid summer thrill!!!!! This is stand is definitely going to make into the rotation this fall!!!!!
Chris Gilga
District 3

Tools: T/C 22-250, Savage 10 Predator .204 Ruger, Remington 11-87 12 ga, Fox Pro Fury, EWT Kill Lights 250 and 100. Various Mouth Calls

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Ready to start hunting!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »
Nice story and I can't wait much longer. I'm thinking about going out soon. If we get a night in the 50's I'll probably hit a couple spots. I usually don't go early for fear of educating the fox but fox sightings are getting few and fa between anyhow,. So, bring on the coyotes.
FayetteNam

Offline predhunter82

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Ready to start hunting!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:49:42 PM »
I usually don't like going out this early either but the fever is getting real bad already. I'm hoping it starts cooling down early this year. I havent been seeing alot of foxes either. However i have been seeing alot of coyote sign and hearing alot more then i usually do this time of year.
Chris Gilga
District 3

Tools: T/C 22-250, Savage 10 Predator .204 Ruger, Remington 11-87 12 ga, Fox Pro Fury, EWT Kill Lights 250 and 100. Various Mouth Calls