Author Topic: First time out last night  (Read 1541 times)

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
First time out last night
« on: October 26, 2011, 09:36:11 AM »
Last night was my first time out for the season. The first 6 sets I didn't see anything but deer. It was getting pretty discouraging. The 7th set up I had a red come in. I took a new gun out this year (rem 7 predator 17 fireball) and didn't have the trigger worked on. Just as I shot, I pulled a little low on his face and misssed. I usually aim right for their glowing eyeball. Some of my fox have half their face gone when I shoot them. About two minutes after I missed the red, a coyote popped out of the edge of the woods. This time I didn't shoot right away (didn't want to miss again) and ended up not ever getting a good shot. I could of tucked a bullet right behind his shoulder but wanted a head (eyeball) shot. Next two sets nothing came in. Plan to take either my 223 or 204 until I get the trigger adjusted on my 17. I am used to a 16-24 oz trigger. Not the factory 4-7 lb that my 17 is. My fault. I missed!  I did hit a coon on the way home (not intentionally) and brought it home to skin out. I am sure it won't be prime yet.

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
Re: First time out last night
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 10:00:45 AM »
Wow sounds like you had one heck of a night. Gotta follow you around sometime!! ;)

Ryan.
District 4

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
Re: First time out last night
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »
sounds like a good night. don,t get disceraged just move to the next set and remember A bad day in the field is better then a good day in the office ;D