Author Topic: Predator TV Shows  (Read 2703 times)

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Predator TV Shows
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »
I have noticed more & more predator tv

Outdoor Channel:
Fast and Furious - FoxPro

Sportsman Channel:
Predator Quest - Les Johnson
Dead Dog Walking - ?
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
Re: Predator TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 10:17:31 PM »
there are getting to be alot of shows on.  don't get me wrong, i love watching them.  but in other ways i don't like it.  the shows never go in depth and show what to do, how to set up a stand, or what calls to use.  it's just a clip of someone with a call screaming like a dieing rabbit and shooting a coyote.  if only it worked like that.  i hope it doesn't work against us and cause alot of poorly informed people to go out and educate alot of predators.

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:14:11 AM »
This year I have already noticed how the red fox were acting that someone new was calling in the area.. they were barking as soon as the electronic call was activated.. Predator hunting is taking off. Who knows maybe that will leave more seed for the next year.

Your right about some of the shows.. They don't show you Jack....I like to watch them because they do tell you a few bits and pieces of things or maybe you see something and it just starts to make you think about techniques that might work better...

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:49:16 AM »
a buddy of mine was telling me about the shows.He has some of the hunting channels and says the predator hunting shows are on quite a bit.I don,t have cable so have never seen any-now if I could just talk the wife into getting rid of tv altogether-well I don,t think that is going to happen-LOL Head to the mountains-anpetu waste-Lloyd

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »
there is a few.

predator nation fred eichler

predator quest les johnson

predator pursuit todd woodall and jeff thomason

mojo outdoors byron south

dead dog walking chad belding

foxpros fast and furious. abner and mike.

the only one on outdoor channel is foxpros.  mojo outdoors is byron south and he is on dish ch 240 on the hunt channel.  the rest are on sportsmans channel. 

I would have to say that I like foxpros show since they are showing some different things.  predator nation from fred eichler is my next one I like. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline 22hornet

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »
Most of these shows are made in the western setting. Sure can see some of those coyotes coming  a long way. I did like one of the Mojo shows. They were using the critter decoy and coon distress on the caller and calling coons durning the day.Les Johonson can sure work a mouth caller(like that coyote hat of Les's). Of course the Foxpro team. Mike and Abner did a good show on PA fox calling. They do have some  do's & donot's.

Offline TFC2223

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.redeyesops.com
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
I watch them all when I have time.  Some are good while others are not just like anything. Its alot different now than when I first started calling.  Definitely an increased interested.  Seems to have grown each year since I have started.  Good for the sport but, can be bad for the calling if the pressure gets to high on the critters. 

Kirk McKendree

RED EYES OPS

Offline Bill

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 09:46:43 PM »
I've seen most of the shows listed above and I think the one that gives the most tips is Dead Dog Walking with Chad Belding. I'm not sure how many of you guys have facebook profiles, But I added Chad Belding as a "friend" have had several conversations with Chad, Mostly thru private chats and he has been nothing but helpful, very fan friendly and has steered me in the right direction several times as I start learning how to hunt the hunters!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 09:27:18 AM »
I'll take an education show over an action hunting show. I grew up learning things for myself then got my hands on some great old videos (Bowhunting October Whitetails) that helped out alot. Then the massive kill explosion videos came out. All of them were trying to sell products but over editing the slow partsand adding the products they were sponsored by. Well, I started to catch on to that and found myself over calling for turkey and getting impatient on stand. I would pay twice as much to watch a show with one or two harvests and some guy/girl explaining set ups in detail and the whys and why nots. Someday, I will make it to the North Central hunt to listen to the guys talk.
FayetteNam