Author Topic: What does come to a spring time turkey call?  (Read 1630 times)

uncle buck

What does come to a spring time turkey call?
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »
I have a neat story to tell:
My friend sent me an e-mail...He was out yesterday morning calling Gobblers in.. He said he just triggered his Thermocell  had his shotgun laying across his lap. All of a sudden he thought a deer was coming through the brush but it was a coyote of  course he didn't get a shot...Coyotes like Butterball you know. So 15 minutes later a Bobcat show up. So there he is watching this bobcat for the longest time. he does a few lip squeals and the bobcat is just looking at him..  The bobcat moves to the side of him and all of a sudden it, the bobcat flushes a Gobbler...The Gobbler takes off.. So on Gobbler stand he called in a coyote, then a bobcat, and then the gobbler but the bobcat flushed the gobbler... Told him that was one heck of a day in the Pa woods!!!

He found this too:    Thank you Andy for an outstanding story and the picture of the coyote track too...

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:22:47 PM by uncle buck »

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
Re: What does come to a spring time turkey call?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:41:31 PM »
Great experience...doesn't get much better than that...my brother was hunting turkeys this morning and kept hearing a red fox barking nonstop for a long time. He went to investigate and saw the fox barking at a pile of brush. A few minutes later a large bobcat came scowling out of the brush pile. I figure that fox felt pretty good about himself.