Author Topic: Knowing where to call?????  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Song Dog

Knowing where to call?????
« on: March 02, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »
I hear these coyotes by my house every now and then and they are always on top this big hill...... Should I be up on the hill with them when I call or should I try and bring them down over the hill?   

uncle buck

Re: Knowing where to call?????
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »
The call is a tool...They will come to you if you do just the right thing.. They are easy to call...You go up on the hill it's over....If you could find a place where you live. Wind in your face and you up against the barn door..Now you just might get a shot...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:27:24 PM by uncle buck »

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:35:16 PM »
 :) geez UB u make it sound so easy!!! lol

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »
You people are making it too hard... Your worrying about hunting by bait or holes, and getting close to the coyotes...Let them work the call...
Wish I lived by all you people that have them howling up on the hill...LOL...I'd call...I'd let you shoot.. LOL See you got it all mixed up... You think you have to bend or do things to get the predators to come in... Your tool the call will let them do all the work and bending.. I hope you see what I'm trying to say.  

I remember D A V E Dunbar say once... "You Guys Are Trying To Hard!"  I finally know what he means when it pertains to calling in the Eastern Coyote.... Remember this...The coyote is a hunter...Let him work the sound... Don't go after him... Also by going after him too I mean...Someone that gets out there and keeps calling constant...See your doing all the work... Call, and stand up and shut up and let him work the call.. Now I said stand up and shut up and not  sit down and shut up. See you have to see the coyote coming in so yep...Just call briefly...Stand up and  shut up!!!!!

However remember what kind of hunter the coyote is?  See you got to start thinking like a coyote to anticpate of what he's going to do...When you do get busted....watch just how your getting busted...You will see...that they bust you like this again, and again, and again... Now when you see how they are busting you... Now compensate for that, adjust, now you surprise him or her when they try to bust you like that..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:51:31 PM by uncle buck »

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:52:25 PM »
 UB I was just messing with ya I wish u lived near me too I would let you call and I would shot lol.I am trying to apply all i read and learn on here to the field.one of these days if i keep at it maybe i will connect with one. I know they are there the signs are present. so keep the words of wisdom and advice coming and I'll keep reading.

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »
You people are making it too hard... Your worrying about hunting by bait or holes, and getting close to the coyotes...Let them work the call...
Wish I lived by all you people that have them howling up on the hill...LOL...I'd call...I'd let you shoot.. LOL See you got it all mixed up... You think you have to bend or do things to get the predators to come in... Your tool the call will let them do all the work and bending.. I hope you see what I'm trying to say.  

I remember D A V E Dunbar say once... "You Guys Are Trying To Hard!"  I finally know what he means when it pertains to calling in the Eastern Coyote.... Remember this...The coyote is a hunter...Let him work the sound... Don't go after him... Also by going after him too I mean...Someone that gets out there and keeps calling constant...See your doing all the work... Call, and stand up and shut up and let him work the call.. Now I said stand up and shut up and not  sit down and shut up. See you have to see the coyote coming in so yep...Just call briefly...Stand up and  shut up!!!!!

However remember what kind of hunter the coyote is?  See you got to start thinking like a coyote to anticpate of what he's going to do...When you do get busted....watch just how your getting busted...You will see...that they bust you like this again, and again, and again... Now when you see how they are busting you... Now compensate for that, adjust, now you surprise him or her when they try to bust you like that..

Well put, I couldn't agree more.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline Song Dog

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 01:49:29 PM »
I have actually been to Dave Dunbar's house and bought a howler off him right outta his living room.... Pretty cool guy and very nice.....  He actually showed me some hunts of his but they were all out west..... I guess I am making it harder then it seem's but it is was it is....... I'll give it a try and see wat happen's......