Author Topic: Busted for the 999 time by your local police  (Read 1668 times)

uncle buck

Busted for the 999 time by your local police
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:43:12 PM »
Civilization.. things that go bump in the night...I must have scared some one in a nearby housing development last night... Just when I was going to quit calling ..I saw this car in the distant development scanning house numbers with a spot light.. I turned off my lights carried my equipment  to the car.. The car of the spotlighter and my spot in the field were both visible to each other.. I could see the car and I bet they could see me.. Made me think they have night vision goggles in the car.. By the time I got to my vehicle and put away the gun and shooting rest along comes the car.. it was the local police..
They always say  first: "What Are You Doing Here?!" Once you tell them fox and coyote hunting they say "OK".  Then they start asking you about it... I could tell this cop was a hunter...He told me places that he has been seeing coyotes killed along the road in my county.. I asked:  "When?" His answer was the last one was in November..
Sometimes the police will ask you... OK...."Who owns this land?"...I wonder what would happen if you gave the wrong answer or said I don't know..
All and all it does pay to have permission to hunt on peoples land.. You answer the wrong question on who owns the land to the police and you could get yourself arrested..Funny...it's never the land owners that call.. It's the people in the houses close by...Civilization and things that go bump in the night will make people in populated areas call the police on you..

Offline bloodhound

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Busted for the 999 time by your local police
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:08:15 PM »
I had that happen a month or so ago...   I saw movement coming out into the field and when I shined my red light, he shined a white maglight at me... I yelled we were hunting and he comes straight over to me... Here it was a cop looking/tracking kids ringing doorbells and running... I told him I was glad I saw him and not a fox/yote first... He said if he heard the shot his call over the radio woulda been Shots Fired and every LEO in the north side of Pittsburgh woulda came screaming into the woods... Then he told me we were the first people he ever seen/dealt with a gun, that was hunting...  lol... scary really