Author Topic: Major Boddicker Joy of Hunt Barks/whines and rabbit distress  (Read 1769 times)

uncle buck

Major Boddicker Joy of Hunt Barks/whines and rabbit distress
« on: August 07, 2010, 10:19:22 PM »
Major like to use to the sound of a pack of canines trying to run down a rabbit that they just can't quite catch..
You have heard beagles and non-beagle chase a rabbit...They bark and they whine as they try to get that extra burst of energy to run that rabbit down..

Try that on your predator call... Throw in some rabbit distress sounds then follow up with a eager canine trying to catch that rabbit and he or she almost have it but not quite..

Try it in your calling sequence ...Um might be good in September since population of coyotes are up and this be the month the food sounds do work well for coyotes...Again....Trigger that impulse for them to check things out when they hear another canine trying to run down a rabbit and just quite can't catch it...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Major Boddicker Joy of Hunt Barks/whines and rabbit distress
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 03:26:48 PM »
UB, you have to stop telling all my secrets. ;D  I called a coyote in three years ago with this sound but never got off a shot.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »
I'm going to try that this fall UB. Thanks for the tip. ;)
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:38 AM »
never thought of that. i'm gonna try it here soon! thanks!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »
that was one of TO's favorite calls, someone had a coyote in a couple acre pen and it was chasing a rabbit and they recorded it.