Author Topic: Go Break A Leg!  (Read 2088 times)

uncle buck

Go Break A Leg!
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:13:14 PM »
Your not a nighttime predator caller if you have not end up in a chuck hole.. So far...Knocking on wood here.  I have yet to break my leg...
I remember a coworker...The First Day of buck season...Hunting on chuck infested farm land..Going in to his deer hunting spot in darkness. Yep...dreaded Compound Fracture...Compound Fracture is when the bone also breaks through and gives you a wound...

What is a person to do?  I suppose you can start to think...Where do the Whistle Pigs have most of their den holes?... While many are right along the edges of fields...Near a fence that runs along the edge of the field.

As of yet...knocking on wood I have not broken my ankle but I do use rubber PAC boots?  Wonder which would be the worst rubber pacs,,, archery rubber boots, or leather boots that are tight around the ankle?

So when your walking along this year and all of a sudden one of your legs becomes shorter then the other real fast.. Your probably going to say? "DANG" or *&^@ or $%^&$%$%*&^%$ but let hope you don't end up going to the Emergency room with a broken leg and worse yet?   Looks like fox hunting is done for you this year!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:14:39 PM by uncle buck »

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
    • West Tx. Varmint Hunting
Re: Go Break A Leg!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:21:10 AM »
Don't have to worry about them around here. Here you have to watch out for the doodlebug holes. A man can fall in one and never be seen again.

Clint

-----------------CLICK HERE-----------------

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 10:17:56 AM »
Good advice UB. I can't believe my dad hasn't stepped in a hole yet while night hunting. I stepped on a fox trap by accident a few years ago. Scared the poop outta me, lol. ;D
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 07:36:09 PM »
Don't have to worry about them around here. Here you have to watch out for the doodlebug holes. A man can fall in one and never be seen again.

Clint

Clint my wife told me all about those Doodlebugs and what they do...I will take the Chuck hole anyday over a Doodlebug hole that's for sure.

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »
Good advice UB. I can't believe my dad hasn't stepped in a hole yet while night hunting. I stepped on a fox trap by accident a few years ago. Scared the poop outta me, lol. ;D

I had a Britt bird dog once... He got this smile on his face as he rolled back and forth with his back on the ground.
All of a sudden the trap sprung be neat him scared him a bit...Liked the look on his face..That dog smile went right into a yelp...I did write sorry in the dirt to let the trapper know it was not sprung by an targeted animal...

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
    • West Tx. Varmint Hunting
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 09:54:04 PM »
Now UB the Doodlebug hole I'm talking about is in the oil field. And it is big enought for a man to fall in.

Clint

-----------------CLICK HERE-----------------